Turn on thread page Beta

I have been looking for a small job for the past 5 months or so. I’m 14 and wanted to help my mum out . But i can’t find anything thats legit, I found some work from home jobs but hey don’t seem real or safe. I live in Colchester so there’s probably something I could do?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I have been looking for a small job for the past 5 months or so. I’m 14 and wanted to help my mum out . But i can’t find anything thats legit, I found some work from home jobs but hey don’t seem real or safe. I live in Colchester so there’s probably something I could do?
    There aren't a huge number because you are legally a child so there are a lot of restrictions on the work children can do. This explains them:
    https://www.gov.uk/child-employment/...ild-employment

Your options are pretty much doing chores for neighbours. Things like mowing lawns, washing cars, baby sitting etc. You might also be able to get something like a paper round or something at your age.

Maybe you could help your mum in another way like by cooking dinner or cleaning the house? Earning money is a lot of pressure to be putting on yourself at this age and it will limit you a bit in therms of growing up, experiencing new things, etc.
    This is the age you should be developing yourself and learning who you are and who you want to be. It's wonderful that you want to help out, but you need to live your life too. You'll have plenty of time to help you mum when you're older, but first you need to develop yourself.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.