Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Can I resit one module as an Internal Candidate? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Due to personal reasons (which I won't get into) I failed a second resit of a core module examination. The usual process is to resit as an external candidate before I can progress into my final year. However because you need to be a registered student at University this means no access to student funding and you only get to resit the examination and not attend the lectures or tutorials.

The director of my School emailed me on the revised recommendation and stated that I would be expected to attend all lectures and tutorials in anticipation of resitting it.

So far the University has only registered me as an External Candidate - yet unless I am registered I won't be able to claim funding I wouldn't be able to secure things like accomodation etc, which means that I won't be able to attend lectures and even stay at the University during the year which defeats the point of what she said.

My School so far has been really unhelpful and have basically not replied to me at all. I want to be registered.

Wondering if anyone has advise on this situation or has been in similar circumstances..
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James1997c)
    Due to personal reasons (which I won't get into) I failed a second resit of a core module examination. The usual process is to resit as an external candidate before I can progress into my final year. However because you need to be a registered student at University this means no access to student funding and you only get to resit the examination and not attend the lectures or tutorials.

The director of my School emailed me on the revised recommendation and stated that I would be expected to attend all lectures and tutorials in anticipation of resitting it.

So far the University has only registered me as an External Candidate - yet unless I am registered I won't be able to claim funding I wouldn't be able to secure things like accomodation etc, which means that I won't be able to attend lectures and even stay at the University during the year which defeats the point of what she said.

My School so far has been really unhelpful and have basically not replied to me at all. I want to be registered.

Wondering if anyone has advise on this situation or has been in similar circumstances..
    is resitting the entire year on the table? one module wouldnt be enough to get full time funding from student finance anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    is resitting the entire year on the table? one module wouldnt be enough to get full time funding from student finance anyway.

It's two modules (half the total modules of my course)

And I'm not entirely sure - they're basically not replying to my queries.
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    It's two modules (half the total modules of my course)

And I'm not entirely sure - they're basically not replying to my queries.
    i m not sure that 60 credits would be enough for the full funding, you could give student finance a call tommorow and see what they can do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    i m not sure that 60 credits would be enough for the full funding, you could give student finance a call tommorow and see what they can do.
    Where are the rules governing credits? My understanding is that eligibility is based on being registered as either a full or part time student, not the amount of credits taken.
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Where are the rules governing credits? My understanding is that eligibility is based on being registered as either a full or part time student, not the amount of credits taken.
    60 might not be considered full time as 120 is usually considered full time.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.