Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi !

This is the start of my grow my grades blog for 2017-2018. This blog will follow me through my first year of A-levels. I'm hopefully going to not only post how well I'm doing but also some helpful revision tips for all of you revisers out there.

My A-level grade aim is 3 A's.

For my A-levels im taking Biology, Geography and English Literature so this blog wil be particularly helpful to you if you do any of these subjects.

Enjoy! (updates daily if I can)

ReputationRep:
    I've started this blog 6 weeks into 6th form and therefore I'm just going to fill you in on the last 6 weeks:

Week 1: I went to a new sixth form where I knew nobody at all. It was great, so much better than my old school and I managed to meet new people and make new friends in no time. Moving was a lot easier than I thought it would be and it was so easy to settle into the school and my lessons.

Week 2: In the second week the work started to become more like A-level and less like a GCSE review. It was in this week that I discovered the 6th form library and why it was useful. The frees that I ahd were great because any homework that I got I was able to do during my frees, meaning more time to myself at home.

Week 3: In this week we did progress checks to test that we were all coping okay with the A-levels that we had chosen. By this point tons of people hd already swapped their classes around and changed their options, I being one of the very few people who did not do this. The results of my progress check I got back in Week 6, for Biology I got Satisfactory (which was the average grade out of Cause for Concern, Satisfactory and Good), for English Literature I got Good and for Geography I got Satisfactory. All of these I was fairly pleased with.

Week 4: In this week I was given my first piece of tested Biology homework that would be marked by the teachers. When I got this back I had gotten 86% which was an A! This I was very pleased about.

Week 5: During this week my workload began getting crazy and I ended up using all of my frees as well as time at home to get my work completed on time. We had been told to revise for a Biology test that was coming up in Week 6 as we had finished our first module.

Week 6: I revised so much for my Biology exam which is what took up most of my weekend for Week 5 but happily this work paid off as I got 83% which was also an A. We have just been told about another test we are going to have with the other tecaher (as we have two) which is going to be on the Monday of Week 7 (which will be the first thing I will blog about tomorrow). During this week I also got 3 essays to do as homework which has taken up a great deal of my weekend. I will definately say that the workload is increasing.

ReputationRep:
    Today I had my Biology test and despite revising the topic (Biological molecules) 3 times all the way through it was really hard. Half of the questions I guessed on so I feel as though I'm only going to get a B for that exam.

As enrichment today I have also signed up to help out at the Sixth Form open evening on Thursday to tell other people about how easy it was to settle into the school
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by delle)
    Hi !

This is the start of my grow my grades blog for 2017-2018. This blog will follow me through my first year of A-levels. I'm hopefully going to not only post how well I'm doing but also some helpful revision tips for all of you revisers out there.

My A-level grade aim is 3 A's.

For my A-levels im taking Biology, Geography and English Literature so this blog wil be particularly helpful to you if you do any of these subjects.

Enjoy! (updates daily if I can)
    Good luck this year! Nice mix of A-levels :yep: why did you choose them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fox Corner)
    Good luck this year! Nice mix of A-levels :yep: why did you choose them?
    I just really enjoy all of these subjects and I want to be a tecaher so I thought that it would be good to have a range of different things instead of just specific subjects

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by delle)
    I've started this blog 6 weeks into 6th form and therefore I'm just going to fill you in on the last 6 weeks:

Week 1: I went to a new sixth form where I knew nobody at all. It was great, so much better than my old school and I managed to meet new people and make new friends in no time. Moving was a lot easier than I thought it would be and it was so easy to settle into the school and my lessons.

Week 2: In the second week the work started to become more like A-level and less like a GCSE review. It was in this week that I discovered the 6th form library and why it was useful. The frees that I ahd were great because any homework that I got I was able to do during my frees, meaning more time to myself at home.

Week 3: In this week we did progress checks to test that we were all coping okay with the A-levels that we had chosen. By this point tons of people hd already swapped their classes around and changed their options, I being one of the very few people who did not do this. The results of my progress check I got back in Week 6, for Biology I got Satisfactory (which was the average grade out of Cause for Concern, Satisfactory and Good), for English Literature I got Good and for Geography I got Satisfactory. All of these I was fairly pleased with.

Week 4: In this week I was given my first piece of tested Biology homework that would be marked by the teachers. When I got this back I had gotten 86% which was an A! This I was very pleased about.

Week 5: During this week my workload began getting crazy and I ended up using all of my frees as well as time at home to get my work completed on time. We had been told to revise for a Biology test that was coming up in Week 6 as we had finished our first module.

Week 6: I revised so much for my Biology exam which is what took up most of my weekend for Week 5 but happily this work paid off as I got 83% which was also an A. We have just been told about another test we are going to have with the other tecaher (as we have two) which is going to be on the Monday of Week 7 (which will be the first thing I will blog about tomorrow). During this week I also got 3 essays to do as homework which has taken up a great deal of my weekend. I will definately say that the workload is increasing.
    It's great that you've settled down, moving to another sixth form where everyone already knows eachother is a terrifying thing and I didn't feel settled until around January. It helps when all the people are lovely and it seems like you've found a lovely group of people.

Good luck on keeping your head above the workload, I'm sure it'll all go swimmingly
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.