Turn on thread page Beta

Facemasks for oily skin and large pores? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I have oily skin and large pores. I had acne when I was younger but it's clearing up and I'm only left with a few pigmentation marks which I can cover easily enough. However I was wondering if anyone had found a facemask or product that helped the appearance of large pores and oily skin? I've seen a few around like the L'oreal clays and aria starr dead sea but was wondering if anyone had any experiences that wouldn't mind sharing

ReputationRep:
    I havent tried any of these have you tried the Dermalogica one its supposed to be amazing i was sent it last week to try

ReputationRep:
    I get oily mostly on my nose and forehead, so I hope this helps:
    I’ve used the tea tree oil toner from the body shop but it was a bit too drying. So depending on how oily you are, that may work for you.
    For something more affordable - I use the tea tree/witchhazel products from Boots. They have a charcoal mask and a peel off mask available.

(Original post by PollyParrot23)
    I have oily skin and large pores. I had acne when I was younger but it's clearing up and I'm only left with a few pigmentation marks which I can cover easily enough. However I was wondering if anyone had found a facemask or product that helped the appearance of large pores and oily skin? I've seen a few around like the L'oreal clays and aria starr dead sea but was wondering if anyone had any experiences that wouldn't mind sharing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PollyParrot23)
    Hi, you could try 'Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay' Mask, which has been highly commended due to its ability to reduce the likeliness of oily skin, which extends to helping rid off whiteheads, blackheads, acne etc...

Take a look at the reviews on YouTube, and conclude from there as to whether you'd give it a try.

ReputationRep:
    I am 40 with large pores and in the winter my face becomes rough looking with age lines around the eyes. After a few days of using the Made from Earth Pore

ReputationRep:
    I think clay and anything with tea tree.

ReputationRep:
    I am 40+ with large pores and in the winter my face becomes rough looking with age lines around the eyes. After a few days of using the Made from Earth Pore & Blackhead Mask - I just looked in the mirror and yes, my face now appears unlined and smoother, with an interesting glow...no kidding. We all have our regimen, here's my new one with this product:- Use the Made from Earth Pore & Blackhead Mask- Use the Made from Earth Skin Correcting Toner (this is an anti-aging toner)-Apply the Somaluxe Renewal Serum (has hyaluronic acid and not oily)

ReputationRep:
    I've tried the L'Oreal Paris Pure Clay Detox Mask (the black one) and it's pretty good for getting rid of oil/shine. It can make your skin feel a bit tight afterwards but only if you keep it on too long, pretty good for the money too.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 30, 2018
Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.