Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I do chemistry maths and economics but find maths too hard and pointless. If I change maths to geography could I still do economics or accounting and finance at uni? I know some require maths but what ones don’t? If not what other degrees could I do with these a levels?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    It would be best for you take a look at the universities prospectuses and take a look at how many universities will allow you to do economics without Maths, if you really dislike maths and you don't enjoy it; it may be best for you to drop it for a subject you enjoy, because if your studying a subject you don't enjoy the less likely you are to put effort into the subject, therefore, you may end up with a bad grade and overall messing up your A-Levels.
    This table I found may be of some help (link below) it says about 70% of students that take economics take maths.

EDIT: Seems the link won't work, I'd used https://sacu-student.com/?page_id=5203 and inputted your A-Levels and clicked on Economics and the table appeared.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Draconid)
    It would be best for you take a look at the universities prospectuses and take a look at how many universities will allow you to do economics without Maths, if you really dislike maths and you don't enjoy it; it may be best for you to drop it for a subject you enjoy, because if your studying a subject you don't enjoy the less likely you are to put effort into the subject, therefore, you may end up with a bad grade and overall messing up your A-Levels.
    This table I found may be of some help (link below) it says about 70% of students that take economics take maths.

EDIT: Seems the link won't work, I'd used https://sacu-student.com/?page_id=5203 and inputted your A-Levels and clicked on Economics and the table appeared.
    Yeah I think it is best for me to drop maths because I’m pretty sure no matter how much work I can’t get a good grade. However if I do chemistry geography and economics I’m very limited so rip me I guess
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reece.W.J)
    Yeah I think it is best for me to drop maths because I’m pretty sure no matter how much work I can’t get a good grade. However if I do chemistry geography and economics I’m very limited so rip me I guess
    You can still get into economics if that truly is your passion, as from the website I linked there are still few students that got into economics without maths.

Poll
Favourite type of bread

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.