Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I am preparing for the MAT this year and I am getting scores of around 60-70 on past papers and I have taken all past papers except for 2016. I am wondering how I can improve my score further and in particular how I can improve my score on question 4, which is usually a geometry question. What do the people who get scores of 80-90 do that I and others don't...? Are there any good geometry practice websites featuring questions like the ones asked in the MAT? I know of the RZC, which I have already exhausted.

Thanks for any help!

ReputationRep:
    Sorry I can't help, I also usually get 60-70 myself but am far from completing all the past papers so far. But as you said question 4 is usually on geometry, do you know what the other questions' general themes are?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ._.maddie._.)
    Sorry I can't help, I also usually get 60-70 myself but am far from completing all the past papers so far. But as you said question 4 is usually on geometry, do you know what the other questions' general themes are?
    Well once you have gone through all the past papers I think you will find (or atleast I found it to be so) that question 2 is usually an algebra question, question three is a question on functions (sketching, finding areas, etc.) and question 5 is pretty much random, but most of the time it will be on simple combinatorics or common sense kind of logic.
    P.S. If you haven't heard of the Riemann zeta club/ Dr frost I would recommend you look at it, because they give a similar overview to the one I gave and have practice problems for each "theme".

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.