Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I’m in year 12 and every course I look at or I’m interested in requires maths. The problem is that I want to drop maths because I find it really hard and never even get what’s going on. My other subjects are chemistry and economics along with Welsh bacc (basically EPQ if you don’t know) but I will probably change maths for geography. What unis don’t require maths for economics/ accounting and finance? What else could I do? Or should I just add geography instead of swap?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Hi again, I’m in year 13, soon to apply for economics at uni. I know Loughborough, Nottingham, St. Andrews, Surrey, Glasgow, Leeds and Birmingham are high ranked unis that don’t need maths for economics. LSE also doesn’t need maths for accounting and finance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xilogreen)
    Hi again, I’m in year 13, soon to apply for economics at uni. I know Loughborough, Nottingham, St. Andrews, Surrey, Glasgow, Leeds and Birmingham are high ranked unis that don’t need maths for economics. LSE also doesn’t need maths for accounting and finance.
    Ok great thank you. May I ask what a levels you’re doing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reece.W.J)
    Ok great thank you. May I ask what a levels you’re doing?
    I am doing Maths, Chemistry and Economics with EPQ. I dropped Physics cos it was quite hard and I wanted to have more time to spend on my other subjects.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xilogreen)
    I am doing Maths, Chemistry and Economics with EPQ. I dropped Physics cos it was quite hard and I wanted to have more time to spend on my other subjects.
    Ok I just seen that Swansea doesn’t require maths as well so you know where it ranks or anything like that?

ReputationRep:
    I don’t think Swansea is one of the better ones for economics. Check uni ranking websites like the complete uni guide or the guardian.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.