Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Interview tips Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,
    I have had 2 interviews previously at Argos and Tesco and I was unsuccessful they were both group interviews. I am 16 years old and have managed to get an interview which is likely to be one to one at Sainsbury's? are they likely to be interested in hiring a 16-year-old as a general assistant. And does anyone have any tips for the interview and what to expect? My interview is next Friday.

ReputationRep:
    Age shouldn’t matter unless you are acting like a child. Make sure you come across as mature and have great communication skills
    Don’t stop smiling and always look them in the eye when you or they speak . And when they talk jut keep noddin and smiling and agreeing. If they ask when you work say anytime outside of school. Say you always put the customers first etc.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Answer every question with song lyrics... all interviewers love it. You’d get the job, 100%.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ajayma)
    Age shouldn’t matter unless you are acting like a child. Make sure you come across as mature and have great communication skills
    Don’t stop smiling and always look them in the eye when you or they speak . And when they talk jut keep noddin and smiling and agreeing. If they ask when you work say anytime outside of school. Say you always put the customers first etc.
    The reason why I am worrying about age is due to restrictions for under 18's like not being able to work over 8 hours, serving alcohol etc... Will this likely affect my chances?

ReputationRep:
    They most likely won’t give you a job at the tills . You’re more likely to be stocking shelves etc. due to restrictions on selling alcohol, tobacco etc.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    BUMP

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.