Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

(Original post by 27FT)
    That's implying her parents would even let her do either of these things
    of course they will. I have been working since the age of 16 and hope to go to university next year. My parents will never say no to doing something that is good for me. where would you come up with such an absurd idea

ReputationRep:
    carpetguy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    of course they will. I have been working since the age of 16 and hope to go to university next year. My parents will never say no to doing something that is good for me. where would you come up with such an absurd idea
    Because one of my friends at school was a Muslim and she said her parents wouldn't let her go to uni saying she had to stay home and learn to be a proper wife instead for when she gets married which I thought was a damn shame but I'm glad your parents don't think the same. Honestly if you're 16 it's probably too early for you to think about getting married but when you do go to university you can either choose a university in a city with a high percentage of muslims to maximise your chances of finding the ideal Muslim boy or joking an Islamic society which I'm sure many universities would have

so hard to find a good partner nowadays I don't even try anymore

(Original post by 27FT)
    Because one of my friends at school was a Muslim and she said her parents wouldn't let her go to uni saying she had to stay home and learn to be a proper wife instead for when she gets married which I thought was a damn shame but I'm glad your parents don't think the same. Honestly if you're 16 it's probably too early for you to think about getting married but when you do go to university you can either choose a university in a city with a high percentage of muslims to maximise your chances of finding the ideal Muslim boy or joking an Islamic society which I'm sure many universities would have
    ISOC is segregated as well

ReputationRep:
    ISOC is segregated as well
    Huh. I'm not Muslim so I didn't know about that. Any particular reason why?

(Original post by 27FT)
    stop generalising. the reason her parents wanted her to stay at home wasn't necessarily due to religious beliefs, yet you made it sound like thats the only reason why. It is probably due to cultural reasons ok. Islam encourages everyone to seek knowledge, even girls believe it or not. So please don't try to make it sound like she was made to stay at home due to religion because I very much doubt it was the case. this is a common misconception but i hope i cleared things up. thank you

so hard to find a good partner nowadays I don't even try anymore
    its very tough i know

ReputationRep:
    At Islamic events? How do ur other morrocan friends or family meet guys if it's not arranged and u don't have bf or relationship before marriage ?

ReputationRep:
    I can

ReputationRep:
    stop generalising. the reason her parents wanted her to stay at home wasn't necessarily due to religious beliefs, yet you made it sound like thats the only reason why. It is probably due to cultural reasons ok. Islam encourages everyone to seek knowledge, even girls believe it or not. So please don't try to make it sound like she was made to stay at home due to religion because I very much doubt it was the case. this is a common misconception but i hope i cleared things up. thank you
    Isn't religion part of one's culture though? Why are you acting so defensive on this? I was just pointing this out. God's sake instead of making me feel like it wasn't based on religion, you sort of confirmed it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dashboard)
    carpetguy
    Nah I don't plan to do anything for a while. Forget a partner. I can control myself.

oh really? how old are you and where are you from?

14 and I’m from Woking

14 and I’m from Woking
    lol then you dont fit my criteria, im 17

ReputationRep:
    I am a muslim hijab wearing girl and want to know how to meet good muslim boys. Not to be boyfriend and girlfriends or anything but just to be friends.
    I really hope you're a troll.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 22, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.