Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Right, I am applying to Newcastle, Dundee, Aberdeen and Southampton.
    Does anyone know if these universities sought references out directly? I am in a bit of **** spot as I cannot contact my personal tutor but I have another person currently trying to write one as we speak. Any help is really appreciated before I **** myself, not about to be rejected due to a late application.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amorrison)
    Right, I am applying to Newcastle, Dundee, Aberdeen and Southampton.
    Does anyone know if these universities sought references out directly? I am in a bit of **** spot as I cannot contact my personal tutor but I have another person currently trying to write one as we speak. Any help is really appreciated before I **** myself, not about to be rejected due to a late application.
    Are you applying via a school/college or have you made an independent application? If its via the school, they'll have to input a reference before they can send it off.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MoniBenzi1998)
    Are you applying via a school/college or have you made an independent application? If its via the school, they'll have to input a reference before they can send it off.
    Independent application as I am at university.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amorrison)
    Independent application as I am at university.
    Ok, you have until 6 to get everything sent off. I'd try to track down you tutor asap

ReputationRep:
    I literally had exactly the same problem this morning, basically you just need any tutor you can get hold of to confirm and upload your reference. Once they've done that it's plain sailing with the rest of the application. For most Post graduate medicine places you do need an academic reference from a tutor. Good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JayKay1)
    I literally had exactly the same problem this morning, basically you just need any tutor you can get hold of to confirm and upload your reference. Once they've done that it's plain sailing with the rest of the application. For most Post graduate medicine places you do need an academic reference from a tutor. Good luck
    For most places if you're still at Uni or its only been a year or so they need an academic tutor but chances are you're going to have more luck with the reference you can get now than with a late application. You could always contact the unis directly after your application has gone in and ask if they would like you to submit your original reference plan.
    Good luck

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.