Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm interested in... History and Biology.

My study level is... GCSE

ReputationRep:
    Peace and welcome to The Student Room. Please accept this unofficial welcome from me-a fellow member, along with my sincere wishes for your successful completion of your study program.

(Original post by fleurissent)
    I'm interested in... History and Biology.

My study level is... GCSE

ReputationRep:
    hey! what other subjects did you take??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by luq_ali)
    Peace and welcome to The Student Room. Please accept this unofficial welcome from me-a fellow member, along with my sincere wishes for your successful completion of your study program.
    Thanks! Sorry I replied really late.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mez_merising)
    hey! what other subjects did you take??
    Hi! I took Computing, French, History and Business. Also, I'm really sorry that my reply is quite late.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks! Sorry I replied really late.
    I understand, no worries, I had not been on here for five months, as well, so its all good.

ReputationRep:
    I understand, no worries, I had not been on here for five months, as well, so its all good.
    Ah, any advice for the GCSE's?

ReputationRep:
    Apologies, for my late response, I have not been on here for awhile. Let me say, with regard to the GCSE's, I can not give anything specific, because I came up in the American system of education which is different. But I would offer you something general, but which I think really was helpful to me at various levels of my own study. Do NOT make it too difficult, do not over focus on your studies, in terms of thinking you are not smart enough or talented enough. Put the work in, do your readings and studying, make time in your schedule to take breaks, and be confident that you are going to do well. Try to resort to, when you miss something, do not just be satisfied, for example that "oh, I made 80%"-that is NOT good enough. No, go back and see what you missed and got wrong, what area or topic of substance was being tested that you did not master? Now imagine, you learn...imagine if you had an exam of 400 questions, and you made the exceptional score of 80%...that is great...but lets look at that. You missed 80 questions, and what if, you could go back, to those 80 things you did NOT know...and in focusing on those areas you missed, the next time, you did better on the ones you missed, by just 25%, the next time you would score an 85. THAT is how you raise your scores, I mean, I am just giving an example, but I know you will understand my meaning. Best wishes to you and feel free to write me anytime, if even to just talk about Avengers Infinity War, Black Panther, flesh-eating zombies, or anything like that!

Ah, any advice for the GCSE's?

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for your response! I feel like what you said was very true because a lot of people tend to beat themselves up a lot over missed marks in exams. Thanks a lot and feel free to message me at anytime!

Apologies, for my late response, I have not been on here for awhile. Let me say, with regard to the GCSE's, I can not give anything specific, because I came up in the American system of education which is different. But I would offer you something general, but which I think really was helpful to me at various levels of my own study. Do NOT make it too difficult, do not over focus on your studies, in terms of thinking you are not smart enough or talented enough. Put the work in, do your readings and studying, make time in your schedule to take breaks, and be confident that you are going to do well. Try to resort to, when you miss something, do not just be satisfied, for example that "oh, I made 80%"-that is NOT good enough. No, go back and see what you missed and got wrong, what area or topic of substance was being tested that you did not master? Now imagine, you learn...imagine if you had an exam of 400 questions, and you made the exceptional score of 80%...that is great...but lets look at that. You missed 80 questions, and what if, you could go back, to those 80 things you did NOT know...and in focusing on those areas you missed, the next time, you did better on the ones you missed, by just 25%, the next time you would score an 85. THAT is how you raise your scores, I mean, I am just giving an example, but I know you will understand my meaning. Best wishes to you and feel free to write me anytime, if even to just talk about Avengers Infinity War, Black Panther, flesh-eating zombies, or anything like that!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 9, 2018
Poll
If a uni gives me an unconditional offer they....
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered welcome lounge threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.