Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Girl I like is more friendly when I ignore her? Watch

ReputationRep:
    She knows I like her and was a bit shy around me at the start of the year. She got a new boyfriend before she found out. She was in a relationship a month before the new one and her friend said he was a rebound. That's all about her really.

She has always been flirty around me which is why I like her, we also get on well blah blah backstory blah blah blah. Checks me out frequently and looks away fast when I catch her giving me the "look", sometimes frequently a lot and maintains eye contact without smiling. Imitates my body language. You know the drill. Nothing new there.

So, basically she was shy when I gave her attention at the start of the year, she would be a bit submissive and look down a lot. We sometimes talked and she would laugh and when I texted her she would reply.

This week, I decided to ignore her but make it obvious. Look down when walking past her, what she used to do to me basically.

She began initiating conversations with me a lot more. She never did when I gave her attention. She would time her leaving the class until I was about to walk out and go ahead of me, turn around and start talking to me. She would smile when looking at me and this happened so often that we both began laughing.

So, is this a good sign?

she clearly likes the attention and the fact that you're ignoring her probably makes her feel less worth.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    she clearly likes the attention and the fact that you're ignoring her probably makes her feel less worth.
    I never gave her much to begin with tbh, Maybe I looked at her every once in a while, no more than she looked at me.
    I cut everything out and went cold and she upped her game.

ReputationRep:
    Its a good sign pal. Its a good sign. She ignored you before (or played a soft version of hard to get) to make you feel jealous and in need of her attention (this is assumptions btw) because she LOVES your attention. Same goes with her to you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mc_miah)
    Its a good sign pal. Its a good sign. She ignored you before (or played a soft version of hard to get) to make you feel jealous and in need of her attention (this is assumptions btw) because she LOVES your attention. Same goes with her to you.
    Yeah, only problem is the rebound though. haha.

We both thought we hated each other because her ex spread rumors about us hating each other when he caught wind of me liking her. I still liked her and told her that I did and we made up, she never hated me and I liked her. She was going out with her new bf at the time which is annoying.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 15, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.