Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

My teacher called me an ungrateful immigrant. What should I do? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jeremiasc13)
    Nnonononono when i said should i add this to my ps i was talking about the fact that i want to contribute to portuguese's economy not the teacher situation
    That's what I meant - don't mention Portugal at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YaliaV)
    Why would you mention anything the Portuguese economy in your PS?

What he said was inappropriate, but honestly I wouldn't bother reporting it. I would worry that reporting would backfire on me in some way.
    I'm looking to study finance
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    You should get his ass fired. He has no right to say that to you.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sachinisgod)
    well technically us brits TOO pay 9K. Ideally you should be paying international student rates which are double/triple to home student fees. Unfortunately you and your EU buddies have got the EU privilege to get everything the same as us using loopholes.

Your teacher has a point but i do admit it was not a wise way to express it. If you dont want to stay here and pay taxes then you dont really deserve to get the subsidised rates of tuition fees that we get ( even if they are quite high)
    Meanwhile, uni in Scotland is free for Scottish students and European Uk residents for more than 5 years

Spoiler:
    Show

I like to brag about this

ReputationRep:
    Stop being a lil female dog and being so hurt lol. Life = diks sometimes
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dragon5555)
    Stop being a lil female dog and being so hurt lol. Life = diks sometimes
    I think you'll find the lil b***h is actually that closet racist teacher lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VCBCCVBN)
    Well he's got a point your coming here using our resources then getting the first flight home when you have got what you want, the least you could do is give back to the country that gave you so much.Very selfish and ungrateful in my opinion.
    You should learn the meaning of gratitude.
    Whoa there. It's common for students to look to international countries for courses. They never said that they wouldn't work or pay taxes (Baring in mind that students usually don't pay taxes in their pay or council tax etc anyway, so damn, calm down and stop freaking out).

You should learn the meaning of common decency. Either that or if you ever go to another country to study, don't expect others to back you up when karma hits you hard.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Report him to the Gestapo.

ReputationRep:
    it is not a teacher's rôle to offer offensive political opinions.

report it.he should keep personal views to himself.

ReputationRep:
      He can lose his job now if you report him

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by sachinisgod)
      well technically us brits TOO pay 9K. Ideally you should be paying international student rates which are double/triple to home student fees. Unfortunately you and your EU buddies have got the EU privilege to get everything the same as us using loopholes.

Your teacher has a point but i do admit it was not a wise way to express it. If you dont want to stay here and pay taxes then you dont really deserve to get the subsidised rates of tuition fees that we get ( even if they are quite high)
      It's not a "loophole" it's just part of being in this economic bloc we call EU
      Just like some British go study in the Netherlands and pay only about £1500 in fees.
      Bigot.

ReputationRep:
      report the teacher, its a racist comment and do whatever you want, race shouldnt get in the way

ReputationRep:
      All these closet racists who share the teachers views telling you not to report them grosses me out.

That teacher is disgusting. Report them, and ask for help from another teacher with your PS.

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.