The Student Room Group

A Level Subject Difficulty 2017

What are your hardest A-Levels that you have started this academic year?
Which is your easiest?
Hi!
I am on my last year in 6th form and am doing English lit., Psychology, and media. I would say that the hardest is psychology because although it is quite easy to understand, there is so much to learn and remember! The easiest as easy goes would be the media because there is so much scope and doesn't require as much in depth analysis as say English literature. However, before I moved onto my final year, I originally did psychology, biology, history and English lit which require a much more I'm depth understanding and much more essay writing. That is why I redid yr 12 with psychology, media and English which gave me the grades to continue onto my final year!
Hope this helps!
Reply 2
Original post by gerib17
What are your hardest A-Levels that you have started this academic year?
Which is your easiest?

Physics
F. Maths(hate all applied modules tbh)
Chemistry
Maths
Reply 3
Original post by bruh2132
Physics
Chemistry
Maths

What do you want to go into at Uni?
Reply 4
Original post by gerib17
What do you want to go into at Uni?

I applied for
Natural Sciences ( Cambridge, Exeter, UCL, Durham)
Chemistry and Maths (St. Andrews)

honestly I find physics pretty interesting but the questions that can come up can be really difficult(from what I've seen so far)
What about you?
Reply 5
Physics
Chemistry
Maths

How is Further Maths, is it interesting?
Reply 6
I applied for
Natural Sciences ( Cambridge, Exeter, UCL, Durham)
Chemistry and Maths (St. Andrews)

honestly I find physics pretty interesting but the questions that can come up can be really difficult(from what I've seen so far)
What about you?

I want to do Economics and Politics (Uni of Bath) A*AA
Economics is quite difficult because of the graphs but I will get better as I get used to it. But overall Economics is an interesting subject
Reply 7
Original post by Black Water
How is Further Maths, is it interesting?

well, I'm doing old spec so can't speak for new spec but yeah Like it, just started the F. Maths A2 stuff and its pretty interesting so far (series, inequalities and some complex numbers) - I think my tip for the new spec even if I don't know it, is make sure you fully understand the normal maths content before you begin F maths.

In short yeah its really interesting so far
Reply 8
Original post by gerib17
I want to do Economics and Politics (Uni of Bath) A*AA
Economics is quite difficult because of the graphs but I will get better as I get used to it. But overall Economics is an interesting subject

ahh I always wanted to do eco but I'm terrible at writing essays, have you been to Bath yet?
Reply 9
well, I'm doing old spec so can't speak for new spec but yeah Like it, just started the F. Maths A2 stuff and its pretty interesting so far (series, inequalities and some complex numbers) - I think my tip for the new spec even if I don't know it, is make sure you fully understand the normal maths content before you begin F maths.

In short yeah its really interesting so far

Thanks for your opinion. Yeah that's true, it's better to grasp the content.
Reply 10
ahh I always wanted to do eco but I'm terrible at writing essays, have you been to Bath yet?

No
Economics (Meh)
Psychology (A lot to memorise but I am doing really good)
History (Just swapped a subject for History so not sure yet)
English Literature (Bare Hard and confusing)

Quick Reply

Latest