jessicadag
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Are plants e.g. algae, eukaryotes or are the cells they are made up from just eukaryotic?
TSR Jessica
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you've posted in the right place? Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there.
K-Man_PhysCheM
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by jessicadag)
Are plants e.g. algae, eukaryotes or are the cells they are made up from just eukaryotic?
Algae are protists, not plants.

Bacteria are prokaryotes; all other living organisms (animals, plants, fungi and protists) are eukaryotes. When talking about their cells, we describe them as eukaryotic cells, but any organism with eukaryotic cells are, by definition, eukaryotes.
Laboromniavincit
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I had a similar question about yeast is it protist or eukaryote
Kvothe the Arcane
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Laboromniavincit)
I had a similar question about yeast is it protist or eukaryote
Protists are indeed Eukaryotes so your question doesn't make any sense. To answer anyway, Yeast falls under the fungal kingdom. Protozoa is a dumping ground for Eukaryotes which are not fungi, animals or plants. It's not actually a single clade as they aren't grouped together by any particular feature.

(Original post by jessicadag)
Plants and algae are indeed eukaryotic.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (133)
30.09%
No (309)
69.91%

Watched Threads