The Student Room Group

Economics A Level

I am in Year 12 currently studying: NO AS LEVEL
Maths
Economics
Sociology
I have a deep interest in Economics and because of my deep interest and my good mathematical and analytical skills, I have been looking through a couple of degree courses that I can maybe see myself doing in the future.
The main one I can potentially see myself doing is:
Economics and Politics (Uni of Bath) Bsc Hons (A*AA)
But when I look through the Economics textbook, I can see it looks extremely hard and therefore may be off putting. I have just started Economics as I didn't do it at GCSE. So is this normal for someone to be put off a subject so early on despite not having studying it before.
Am I disadvantaged in anyway at all?
And seeing as I got a 7 in GCSE Maths do I have a chance of fulfilling my dreams of studying this course and getting an A minimum in Maths and getting an A or A* star in the other two subjects?
Reply 1
Original post by gerib17
I am in Year 12 currently studying: NO AS LEVEL
Maths
Economics
Sociology
I have a deep interest in Economics and because of my deep interest and my good mathematical and analytical skills, I have been looking through a couple of degree courses that I can maybe see myself doing in the future.
The main one I can potentially see myself doing is:
Economics and Politics (Uni of Bath) Bsc Hons (A*AA)
But when I look through the Economics textbook, I can see it looks extremely hard and therefore may be off putting. I have just started Economics as I didn't do it at GCSE. So is this normal for someone to be put off a subject so early on despite not having studying it before.
Am I disadvantaged in anyway at all?
And seeing as I got a 7 in GCSE Maths do I have a chance of fulfilling my dreams of studying this course and getting an A minimum in Maths and getting an A or A* star in the other two subjects?

It does seem daunting at first with all the graphs and the exams boards know that. Once you get into revision and start understanding the concepts it can actually be quite an enjoyable subject. Your interest in politics and mathematic capabilities will also help you out!

Good Luck with getting the grades! :h:
Reply 2
Original post by aamirac
It does seem daunting at first with all the graphs and the exams boards know that. Once you get into revision and start understanding the concepts it can actually be quite an enjoyable subject. Your interest in politics and mathematic capabilities will also help you out!

Good Luck with getting the grades! :h:

thanks
Reply 3
Original post by gerib17
thanks

If you have any more questions about Economics feel free to ask.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending