Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Freya's journey to A*A*A* Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi I'm Freya

I decided to create this GYG blog to help motivate myself and to document my final year of school!

I am studying:

Maths (OCR MEI)
    Further Maths (OCR MEI)
    Economics (AQA)

I was studying computer science, but I really wasn't enjoying it, so I switched back to Further Maths, leaving me with TEN WEEKS of catchup :eek: .

I am aiming to get 3 A*'s for me this will be really hard, and I would be super happy with 1 A*.

A bit of background:

My AS Results:
    Spoiler:
    Show

Mathematics - A
    - C1 = 82 UMS
    - C2 = 88 UMS
    - S1 = 85 UMS
    Total = 255 UMS

Further Mathematics - A
    - FP1 = 74 UMS
    - D1 = 85 UMS
    - M1 = 83 UMS
    Total = 242 UMS

Economics - A
    - Micro = A (not sure on mark)
    - Macro = B (literally didn't revise for this)

My GCSE results:
    Spoiler:
    Show

4 A*s (Maths, Computing, Food Tech, and English Language)
    6 As (English Literature, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, French, Geography)
    1 B (Art) - I hated it lol

TBH a lot of my revision for my GCSEs was last minute.

Future plans:
    Spoiler:
    Show

I'm taking a gap year because I have no clue what I'm doing with my life.

I'll try posting as much as I can, as I have a job (subway) and always seem to be busy .

ReputationRep:
    Good luck :woo:
    I'm doing Economics AS and macro seems more complex than micro (also my macro teacher is kind of crap) so I hope I still end up with a good grade

ReputationRep:
    This weekend I finished catching up with my FP2 notes, just got to do the exercises now! Name:  book.jpg
Views: 65
Size:  159.1 KB

ReputationRep:
    Forgot to say this year the modules I'm doing are:

C3
    C4
    FP2
    S2
    S3
    M2

I might resit FP1 but I'm not sure!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AOA_)
    Good luck :woo:
    I'm doing Economics AS and macro seems more complex than micro (also my macro teacher is kind of crap) so I hope I still end up with a good grade
    Good luck to you too! Macro is hardddd :K:

ReputationRep:
    Update 16-10:

I only had two lessons today, I got given a mechanics assessment due in for Thursday on stuff I haven't caught up on yet going to do it tomorrow night because I have work tonight and Wednesday...
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxFreyaWxx)
    This weekend I finished catching up with my FP2 notes, just got to do the exercises now! Name:  book.jpg
    Loving these notes! Good luck with everything x Mind checking out my blog, would be much appreciated https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=4998046

ReputationRep:
    Update 20-10:

Today is the first day of half term so I'm going to have one day without schoolwork because I'm absolutely exhausted from school and my job.
    I've got quite a lot to do this half term as when I go back it's my assessment week.

I have a Further Maths test on my first day back, I've still only covered half the content (FP2 matrices) so I need to teach myself/catch up on M2. The topic is Centre of Mass which I know absolutely nothing about, as it stands . Also I've been given an extension on the assessment that was due yesterday which was super nice of my teacher. Last year Mechanics was definitely my hardest module, I am the only one in my class not to have done physics up to AS but I'm not sure how helpful that is? We also started Power Series in FP2 which seems interesting but we couldn't do some of the questions we were set as we haven't done C4/S2 yet :confused: .

On normal Maths side, we finally finished C3, I've done 2 past papers, I'm going to do one/two (closed book), this half term as I've got a C3 mock I think the Wednesday when we come back. I don't really want to loads of past papers as I do want lots left for revision for the actual exam.

For Econ, I've got quite a lot of gaps in my notes so I need to sort my folder out which is a task in itself! Depending how long that takes I'm gong to create some revision stuff for Macro which will double up for revision for the test on the second week back. I also have an essay on monetary policy to do for the first day back which should be interesting as I'm historically, horrifically bad at Macro essays.

Sorry this is longish and probably boring, I'd love to know what other people have planned for their half term

ReputationRep:
    ALSO:

The way I'm doing my units might seem weird.

In Further Maths, I have two teachers. I have one teacher 4 times a fortnight and she's teaching me just FP2. Then the other teacher I have 6 times a fortnight and he's teaching M2, then S3.

For Maths I have one teacher, she's my head of year and probably my favourite teacher as she's been teaching me Maths since year 10. So we're just working through each module. C3, then C4 and then S2. However she's going to have to teach me some S2 early so I can do S3.

Then in Econ I have one teacher and we just alternate between Micro and Macro each week.

I hope that makes sense, I'd love to hear how your modules are working

ReputationRep:
    Today I'm just doing a bit of economics, my essays are always messy when I do them at home! Hope everyone is having a good half term
    Name:  D18C6D46-16A2-4E9A-8B14-909EBE0EF1D3.jpg.jpeg
Views: 37
Size:  26.8 KB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gw07mcgheerachel)
    Loving these notes! Good luck with everything x Mind checking out my blog, would be much appreciated https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=4998046
    Sorry I forgot to reply on my thread, your blog is so cool though

ReputationRep:
    Loving these notes! Much neater diagrams than mine I must say!

Love reading GYG blogs of people who do similar subjects to me so I'll be sure to keep following this (I do Maths, Further Maths and Computer Science haha)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmilySarah00)
    Loving these notes! Much neater diagrams than mine I must say!

Love reading GYG blogs of people who do similar subjects to me so I'll be sure to keep following this (I do Maths, Further Maths and Computer Science haha)
    Thank you! Just checked out your blog, and I'll definitely be following it this year! How are you finding Maths and Further? What exam board are you on?

ReputationRep:
    Update 25-10:

So yesterday I found out that I'm working quite a lot this week (Subway and babysitting), so realistically the only time I'm going to get any more schoolwork done is tomorrow in the day, Saturday evening and Sunday. I've done all the necessary Econ work already so I just need to focus on Further Maths and Maths for the rest of the week.
    Hopefully I'll get a lot more work done, if I'm not being productive at home I'll probably go to Costa to work. For my exams in the summer this where I did all my revision on days I had no exams on. I like going there because there's a nice quiet downstairs area with big tables and a nice supply of coffee...

ReputationRep:
    as someone who struggles with maths, i am wondering if you have any tips for when you don’t understand a topic??

ReputationRep:
    Thank you! Just checked out your blog, and I'll definitely be following it this year! How are you finding Maths and Further? What exam board are you on?
    Ah thank you! I’ll add you to the follower list I’m finding maths and further alright at the minute actually, probably because I’m spending my time worrying about other things haha! Also I’m on AQA

ReputationRep:
    Ah thank you! I’ll add you to the follower list I’m finding maths and further alright at the minute actually, probably because I’m spending my time worrying about other things haha! Also I’m on AQA
    Thank you I can relate :laugh: on so many levels . Good luck with all your work over half term!

ReputationRep:
    Thank you I can relate :laugh: on so many levels . Good luck with all your work over half term!
    And good luck balancing your jobs with your studies! I respect you so much because I really couldn’t do it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anyapoundall02)
    as someone who struggles with maths, i am wondering if you have any tips for when you don’t understand a topic??
    Rereading my notes, asking my teacher one on one, watching youtube videos and practising questions I know I'm weaker at have all helped for me

ReputationRep:
    And good luck balancing your jobs with your studies! I respect you so much because I really couldn’t do it
    Thank you! Love money way too much to quit :/

Submit reply
Updated: November 19, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.