The Student Room Group

RAF OASC November 2017

Hi Guys,

Just wondering if anyone out there has successfully been through OASC and has any tips? Or anyone who is going on OASC soon

Scroll to see replies

I hope to be at OASC in November. In limbo awaiting a date at the moment. Going Air Traffic so I believe we jump the queue a little. What are you going for

Original post by SamWHU
Hi Guys,

Just wondering if anyone out there has successfully been through OASC and has any tips? Or anyone who is going on OASC soon
Reply 2
Original post by jamesbb93
I hope to be at OASC in November. In limbo awaiting a date at the moment. Going Air Traffic so I believe we jump the queue a little. What are you going for

Going for WSOp, have you spoken to your AFCO to see when you are likely to get a date?
Hi there,I’m attending OASC on the 26th November, with my application going through as ABM.How are you feeling about everything.
Reply 4
Original post by Peters18117
Hi there,I’m attending OASC on the 26th November, with my application going through as ABM.How are you feeling about everything.

I'm feeling okay, nervous about planning exercises to be honest! What about you?
Reply 5
Literally just got off my oasc, don’t worry yourself too much, take a look at the practise exercises, but that’s just to give you an idea of the format, no point trying to religiously learn them, mistakes can and will be made on the planning ex, just be sure to admit your mistakes and the officers will understand, the leadership tasks are difficult however they aren’t looking for a completed task, just strong leadership potential. The two days are pretty chilled, just make sure your phys is tip top, because there are people who ace all the leadership and planning ex and interview, then get to the fitness (which is the last thing on the second day) and come unstuck.Feel free to fire questions at me as it’s still all fresh in my mind.
Reply 6
Original post by LP9816
Literally just got off my oasc, don’t worry yourself too much, take a look at the practise exercises, but that’s just to give you an idea of the format, no point trying to religiously learn them, mistakes can and will be made on the planning ex, just be sure to admit your mistakes and the officers will understand, the leadership tasks are difficult however they aren’t looking for a completed task, just strong leadership potential. The two days are pretty chilled, just make sure your phys is tip top, because there are people who ace all the leadership and planning ex and interview, then get to the fitness (which is the last thing on the second day) and come unstuck.Feel free to fire questions at me as it’s still all fresh in my mind.
Thanks that's really helpful, just sent you a private message!
Original post by SamWHU
I'm feeling okay, nervous about planning exercises to be honest! What about you?

Pretty much the same, I’m totally fine with SDT and exploring the different routes in planning, but doing this in front of a boarding officer and in a time constraint is a different scenario.
Hi All, has anyone got OASC on 10th Dec?
Original post by SamWHU
Going for WSOp, have you spoken to your AFCO to see when you are likely to get a date?

Got my OASC date for the 10th Dec. Have you got yours as yet?
Hi folks, I'm going for a Personnel support officer role, and have just recently passed my medical! Hoping for an OASC date soon - best of luck to all!
Reply 11
Original post by olly5082
Hi folks, I'm going for a Personnel support officer role, and have just recently passed my medical! Hoping for an OASC date soon - best of luck to all!

How you feeling ahead of OASC?
Reply 12
Got my OASC date for the 10th Dec. Have you got yours as yet?

Yeah mine is in a few weeks! How are you feeling for it?
Original post by SamWHU
Yeah mine is in a few weeks! How are you feeling for it?

I’m buzzing for it mate! What about you? Have you done much prep?
Reply 14
I’m in for the 10th of December too - WSOp at the moment but may swap that for Intelligence as my number 1 choice. Still debating it!
Original post by Nadger
I’m in for the 10th of December too - WSOp at the moment but may swap that for Intelligence as my number 1 choice. Still debating it!

Good choices! I was really interested about the INT branch when I was at my Fam at Brize.
How’s the prep coming on?
Reply 16
Good choices! I was really interested about the INT branch when I was at my Fam at Brize.
How’s the prep coming on?

I'm WSOP at the moment too, but Interloigence also looks good. Prep is going well, but nervous about planning exercises but that should be fine! You?
Reply 17
Prep is OK, who knows if it’s enough! What famil visits have you had? I had one for engineering (not sure it’s for me) and got one for WSOp in a couple weeks. Don’t think they do them for Int due to the nature of the job
Original post by SamWHU
I'm WSOP at the moment too, but Interloigence also looks good. Prep is going well, but nervous about planning exercises but that should be fine! You?

I initially went WSOp, but I’m now going ATC and it’s a much better choice in my opinion :biggrin:
Planning Ex’s seem to be what most people get hit up on. I’ve got about 25 which I keep going over. I’m going down the route of focusing on the calculations so I can make quick decisions. How’s the fitness? I’m trying to push for light blue so I’ve got a little bit of play on the day!
Original post by Nadger
Prep is OK, who knows if it’s enough! What famil visits have you had? I had one for engineering (not sure it’s for me) and got one for WSOp in a couple weeks. Don’t think they do them for Int due to the nature of the job

Yeah you’ll only know when you’re there and doing it. I think I’m the most relaxed over OASC... CBAT was my most feared part! I went to Brize Norton on a potential officers day. Had a presentation from 2 Intelligence Guys! Obviously they didn’t go into details on ops or anything, but what they covered was great! Where are you going for WSOp?

Quick Reply

Latest