Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

To Boys: What is your opinion on anorexic/ super slim girls? Watch

I would like to know your opinions and does it change the way you see them and want a relationship with them? And don't be like oh "just love yourself" because I know you mean well but it is bad advice in my opinion. I'm not anorexic but I'm not the perfect slim either, I'm kinda in between, I have average breasts and bum but does being this slim change anything?

ReputationRep:
    Being super slim to the point where your ribs are showing is just unattractive. Slim is fine.

You're obviously overthinking. Stop doing stuff to impress boys and instead work on yourself for yourself.

Slim is fine. Lots of guys like slim.

Anorexic? Nah, not unless they are currently seeking medical advice to fix it

ReputationRep:
    Anorexia isn't a body type.

ReputationRep:
    Listen, I care about a girl's face and her as an individual, I can't say well yes I want all slim women or I don't want any because I'll want some, but not all.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not keen on girls that look breakable. You know when they're bare skinny and it looks like you could snap them in half with minimal effort. Otherwise w/e, generally tend to prefer girls that are less thicc. Being anorexic is very different to just being skinny tho fam

ReputationRep:
    Anorexic is a serious mental illness. It is not the same as being 'slim'.

ReputationRep:
    me personally face and personality u dont wanna be at any extremes

ReputationRep:
    I'm not a boy but I'm answering anyway; anorexia is a disease, not a body type. There are anorexics that are overweight, there are muscular anorexics, there are bony anorexics, and everything in between. Untreated, anorexia kills. Just like any psychiatric illness, it can affect relationships quite profoundly.

There's varying amounts of research and the only factors that scientists agree affect attractiveness are symmetry and a generally 'average' face. Most other things are down to individual experiences and preferences.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I'm tiny and people don't let me forget that, but I've never been told it makes me really unattractive. Whether or not people think that is another thing :lol:

IIRC, research shows that men prefer women to be a bit less thin than the average woman wants to be.

ReputationRep:
      anorexia isn't a body type it's a mental illness

also different boys like different things, and if people don't want to be with you don't waste your time on them. Maybe you don't need to 'love yourself', but having some positive indifference about your body is good. Your body is nice, your body is fine, your body is doing it's job in keeping you alive. Being the 'perfect slim' does not matter.

Submit reply
    TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 16, 2017
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.