Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Sociology help Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Can someone please explain sociology to me. Just the basics and what to revise because I have no idea at all and I have no idea where to even start revision so can someone just point out the main points I need to be revising. The exam board is AQA

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Subha123)
    Can someone please explain sociology to me. Just the basics and what to revise because I have no idea at all and I have no idea where to even start revision so can someone just point out the main points I need to be revising. The exam board is AQA
    personally I would break it into education, media, family and crime depending on what you are currently at then I would find the perspectives on each thing.. functionalist, Marxist etc. and make lots of notes (or coloured mind maps is what I find helpful)

I have plenty of revision notes saved on my computer and different things, I could also show you how I od my notes.. if that will help.

try different websites but my personal favourite which is soooo helpful is 'get revising' you can create your own stuff find mindmaps, notes, flipcards, topics all on sociology, theories and a lot of helpful things, once you get started you will love it

ReputationRep:
    first thing , use a variety of sources of infomation and always work ahead of yr teacher so before u turn up to yr lessons yr always prepared , secondly remembef the sociolagists they are key , when studying a topic , try to link it to something that u are aware of this is purely for the reason that u can remember it , master exam techniwue as this is essential , rember that its no good remebering the infomation if u dont convey it in a way that it js understandable , u can do this by practicing exam papers, also , go over the content thorpigjly and keep rsvising , sociolagy is a content heavy subkrct and this is key
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.