Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have just finished my first year at university. I failed two modules and have been told that I am unable to progress due to not having enough credits so I have been terminated from my course. I'm going to appeal the decision and wanted some advice. I have asked my tutor for some feedback as to why I was not allowed to resit the modules but all I have been told is that what happened at board is confidential but that essentially I don't have enough credits to progress.
    I'm going to appeal on extenuating circumstances but wanted to know if anybody had any advice about this

ReputationRep:
    did you not have a second attempt at the essays that you failed. resitting units unless youve got health or other reasons that warrant it is not done. on what grounds do you feel that youve been treated unfairly.
    • Very Important Poster

(Original post by Lm75)
    I have just finished my first year at university. I failed two modules and have been told that I am unable to progress due to not having enough credits so I have been terminated from my course. I'm going to appeal the decision and wanted some advice. I have asked my tutor for some feedback as to why I was not allowed to resit the modules but all I have been told is that what happened at board is confidential but that essentially I don't have enough credits to progress.
    I'm going to appeal on extenuating circumstances but wanted to know if anybody had any advice about this
    You need to read or look at the rules for uni degrees and exams available from the department or the unis website. If you cant find them, then ask a student advisor or your department. they will detail how it works.

You can then put in an appeal.

I would question as to whether you should wish to continue and maybe take a break and find another course? Maybe its not the right degree?
    • TSR Support Team
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lm75)
    You need to get hold of the relevant policies and get in contact with your student union. They will have been through this process with other students so should know the correct procedures to follow.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What time of year is the worst for students?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.