Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

When should you say 'I love you' to a girlfriend or boyfriend? Watch

Say you've been seeing someone for two months non-stop and you feel you genuinely love them, should you wait longer to say it? Most dating magazines I have read said that 1-2 months is too short of a time to say 'I love you' and that you should wait 3 to 6 months before saying you love someone. When did you say to your partner you loved them?

ReputationRep:
    Most magazines are full of crap that isn't true. For example, a lot of magazines aimed at women say that all men like a fully shaven vagina and that if you have a trimmed vagina you will die alone because men will be repulsed by pubic hair.

I think that magazine that suggested waiting 3 to 6 months is ridiculous. You definitely know if you love someone way before 6 months.

Honestly, just do what your instincts are telling you to do. Often, we can tell how someone feels about us through actions rather than words.

Also, stop reading magazines for advice on relationships. They are useless and give dumb advice.

ReputationRep:
    It depends wholly on your partner and there's no catch all answer to this.

ReputationRep:
    whenever you feel like its the right time.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    When you love them.

ReputationRep:
    You say it when you feel it. My boyfriend said it to me after a week, and I said it back then too. We just felt it. There isn't a time limit when suddenly it changes from "like a lot" to "love". If it's meant to be, your partner won't run away screaming whenever you decide to tell them.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    When you actually mean it and feel it within you.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 15, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.