Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ishea16)
    6 dec
    I chose the latest, the 19th. When I went to book, I thought that date would be the most filled up and I was surprised it wasn't. But now i'm thinking they might expect more of me since i'm one of those who had more time to prepare :/

ReputationRep:
    Im a 1st year med student at UCLan so feel free to ask me any questions

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gaurav.kanna)
    Im a 1st year med student at UCLan so feel free to ask me any questions
    How should we prepare for the MMIs at UCLAN?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a.jacob)
    How should we prepare for the MMIs at UCLAN?
    I recommend you buy this book, it is really useful:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Medical-Int...s=medicine+mmi

If you know anyone else who has done an interview before, try organise a mock interview to help you prepare.

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone else choose the latest date for their interview?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    What were your mmi questions?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ishea16)
    6 dec

What questions appeared on the mmi?

(Original post by Abissasan)
    My interviews tomorrow but I don't know how fair it would be for people who've had the interview to disclose it.

Like yeah I'd love to know but I also wouldn't want to have an unfair advantage over anyone else

Not being mean 😬

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YorkshireSoapCo)
    My interviews tomorrow but I don't know how fair it would be for people who've had the interview to disclose it.

Like yeah I'd love to know but I also wouldn't want to have an unfair advantage over anyone else

Not being mean 😬

Not being mean 😬
    Write, anyone smart would know that they will change them daily. Just for reference

Not being mean 😀

(Original post by username3666844)
    Write, anyone smart would know that they will change them daily. Just for reference

Not being mean 😀
    Do you think it's appropriate to get an upper hand/insight in to what was asked the past few days when those students went in 'blind' so to speak?

Questions may differ but the themes underpinning the questions will ultimately be the same.

If you know the questions change daily, why ask? If it's to gage the underpinning themes I would then ask you again, do you think that's fair?

As I said, my interview is tomorrow and I'd love to know, but also if I were to be accepted/rejected id want to do so knowing it was a level playing field for everyone.

ReputationRep:
    Do you think it's appropriate to get an upper hand/insight in to what was asked the past few days when those students went in 'blind' so to speak?

Questions may differ but the themes underpinning the questions will ultimately be the same.

If you know the questions change daily, why ask? If it's to gage the underpinning themes I would then ask you again, do you think that's fair?

As I said, my interview is tomorrow and I'd love to know, but also if I were to be accepted/rejected id want to do so knowing it was a level playing field for everyone.
    People tend to be so hipcrite when it comes to their own case! I’m pretty sure at some point you’ve googled something about previous interviews and how they are. Who do you think wrote them? God?

Someone else gone through them one, hun.

All mmi’s are essentially the same what changes are the questions.

Just be confident on what you got and how you can do, why crying about someone else’s will do or how they will preform?

Lets stop fale moralisms

Btw im a medical student at nottingham.

ReputationRep:
    Good luck to eveyone applying!!
    Feel free to ask me anything, more than happy to help preparing fo your interviews! 🙂

(Original post by Badata65)
    People tend to be so hipcrite when it comes to their own case! I’m pretty sure at some point you’ve googled something about previous interviews and how they are. Who do you think wrote them? God?

Just be confident on what you got and how you can do, why crying about someone else’s will do or how they will preform?

Lets stop fale moralisms

I appreciate googling about interview prep but to ask a group of students who sat the MMI what they were asked is inappropriate & trying to gain an unfair advantage when said interview is taking place over the next few days.

Pretty sure it's not even allowed on TSR anyway & you're usually advised at interview not to disclose the questions.

It's like sitting an exam and telling those sitting the same exam the next day what's on it (albeit the questions are different).

There's only 17 UK places as well, not 300 odd like there usually is at Med schools.

ReputationRep:
    I appreciate googling about interview prep but to ask a group of students who sat the MMI what they were asked is inappropriate & trying to gain an unfair advantage when said interview is taking place over the next few days.

Pretty sure it's not even allowed on TSR anyway & you're usually advised at interview not to disclose the questions.

It's like sitting an exam and telling those sitting the same exam the next day what's on it (albeit the questions are different).

There's only 17 UK places as well, not 300 odd like there usually is at Med schools.
    Ultimately you could be accused of the same thing because im sure that the informations you’re getting includding some interview questions were disclosed by someone who sat them!

It’s a case of prespective!
    I’ve seen many people having these sort of discussion, also talking about previous mmi questions!

Anyways, TSR is to support, not to moan based on our own insecurities..

Good luck for interview.

Lets stop fale moralisms

Also, please don't call me hun.
    And it's not false moralisms, I'm all for collaborative interview prep but it's not fair on the people who sat the interview Monday and Tuesday- surely you can see that.

It's obvious that they'll ask things like 'why medicine, why dr, why dr not a nurse, all the genetic stuff but for specific ethical scenarios or stations I don't think it's fair at all

Ultimately you could be accused of the same thing because im sure that the informations you’re getting includding some interview questions were disclosed by someone who sat them!

It’s a case of prespective!
    I’ve seen many people having these sort of discussion, also talking about previous mmi questions!

Anyways, TSR is to support, not to moan based on our own insecurities..

Good luck for interview.

Googling or reading books to help prep for interview is different to asking people
    who sat an interview what was asked.

To give you an example, people can revise and study content for an exam but if they sit said exam and a student asks 'what was on your exam yesterday, my exam is tomorrow?' - are they not at an unfair advantage?

I'm not insecure, I'm a graduate and an NHS professional who has only applied to UCLAN (for various reasons) so just asking for a fair playing field - don't think there's anything wrong with that.

ReputationRep:
    Well that escalated quickly hahaha........Anyways, yeah - let's not reveal anything to anyone regarding previous MMI questions in the interviews since it's not allowed/unfair and it may land some people into trouble.

Good luck to those who have their upcoming interviews, and to those who have already done it.

(Original post by Xenice)
    Well that escalated quickly hahaha........Anyways, yeah - let's not reveal anything to anyone regarding previous MMI questions in the interviews since it's not allowed/unfair and it may land some people into trouble.

Good luck to those who have their upcoming interviews, and to those who have already done it.
    Don't think it's unreasonable at all 🤣🤣

Good luck, is yours tomorrow too?!!!

ReputationRep:
    Don't think it's unreasonable at all 🤣🤣

Good luck, is yours tomorrow too?!!!
    Mine is the latest date. Few weeks from now

ReputationRep:
    when is your interview?
    (Original post by username3666844)

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 13, 2018
Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.