The Student Room Group
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website

Medicine 2018 entry - UK/EU Students

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Xenice
Congratulations! You're probably one of the select few who received offer early, so very well done :biggrin:

Thank you :smile:
Just got the mammoth task of figuring out how I will pay for it- hoping I'll figure something out
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website
Original post by charliebatra
Well done! I'm UK NW applicant too, still waiting to hear back though. How did they get in contact with you if you don't mind me asking? And did they say anything about doing really well? I only ask because they said they'd send out early UK offers around this time.
Thanks

Hey, I got an email at about 16:15pm, it was just an offer email and then UCAS track shortly updated afterwards
Hey any other UK students heard back?
Reply 63
Original post by adri_
Anybody have any MMI tips? My interview is next week and I’ve been reading BBC Health, doing some common practice questions, and researching about the school’s societies and whatnot.I’m not sure what else I could possibly do!

Think of examples when you have shown the skills and attributes of doctor that GMC have said, and when thinking of examples, reflect on it and think of what you learnt from it, what you would do differently next time etc. Also general examples like, a time you were in a ethical situation, a time you felt upset during work experience, a time you felt helpless during work experience
http://gmc-gmpia.lightmaker.co.uk/index.asp
And looking at these scenarios helped with the ethical questions in the MMI, maybe read the good medical practise on the GMC, and know the 4 pillars of medical ethics to apply to every scenario question. And make sure you practise answering questions happily and enthusiastically, because then your more likely to come off as enthusiatic and happy in the interview as well even if your nervous
Reply 64
Original post by YorkshireSoapCo
Thank you :smile:
Just got the mammoth task of figuring out how I will pay for it- hoping I'll figure something out

Hi,
Just wondering how you went about funding it? I’m looking to apply and wondering how to fund (graduate, UK)
Original post by HSGx
Hi,
Just wondering how you went about funding it? I’m looking to apply and wondering how to fund (graduate, UK)

Hey!

So I managed to get a £8700 student finance loan in a maintenance loan. I was able to get this as I was able to prove to SFE that I'm an independent student and have been self supporting for 3 years (regardless of not being 25).

This means I 'only' have to find the remaining £550 to pay for the £9250 tuition fee.

To fund my living costs I'm working part time on Wednesday and Sunday evenings. This so far has been doable, albeit tough!

It is doable in my opinion. I am SO glad I didn't do the 4 year graduate course, this 5 year is intense enough!

Hope this helps

Best wishes
Reply 66
Original post by YorkshireSoapCo
Hey!

So I managed to get a £8700 student finance loan in a maintenance loan. I was able to get this as I was able to prove to SFE that I'm an independent student and have been self supporting for 3 years (regardless of not being 25).

This means I 'only' have to find the remaining £550 to pay for the £9250 tuition fee.

To fund my living costs I'm working part time on Wednesday and Sunday evenings. This so far has been doable, albeit tough!

It is doable in my opinion. I am SO glad I didn't do the 4 year graduate course, this 5 year is intense enough!

Hope this helps

Best wishes

Hi!
Thank you so much this does help!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending