Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I turn 17 in late June and i'm conflicted about whether to learn to drive after my birthday or not.
    My sister didn't learn until after she graduated and it took her a while which put her at a disadvantage when trying to find a job because we don't live in the best area for opportunities.
    But I don't know if I want to learn while doing my A Levels in Year 13 and there is the cost factor also?

Advice would be helpful !!

ReputationRep:
    I personally started learning at the beginning of year 13 but I think it would be better to start sooner rather than later, because you don't want to have to worry about taking driving tests while you're doing your A2 exams. I would start looking for instructors early as well, because you may have to wait a while before reputable driving instructors have space on their schedule for you.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.