Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I'm a guy that has a female friend I am really attracted to but I know she's not into me. However I enjoy being friends with her. But I feel she's just being friendly towards me so as to not hurt my feelings. Should I tell her that she shouldn't feel bad for not wanting to be friends with me?

ReputationRep:
    How do you know she is just doing so to save your feelings? It may be that she enjoys your friendship too. Does she know that you like her?
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Have you asked her out yet? If you haven't, then you cannot possibly be jumping to conclusions that she doesn't like you. That being said, it would just be weird if you came out with that sort of thing. Sounds like you're just trying to seek validation rather than straight up asking her out.

She has already told me I'm not her type. I'm not sure if she enjoys my friendship as we she only talks to me if I talk first.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    She has already told me I'm not her type. I'm not sure if she enjoys my friendship as we she only talks to me if I talk first.
    What's the conversation like when you do talk to each other?

ReputationRep:
    Why don't you try asking her to go watch a movie or amusement park or something? Don't imply it's anything romantic. I reckon if she's up for going out for fun with you then she doesn't feel obligated to be friendly with you.

ReputationRep:
    then she's just being nice. Move on man, there's no point just being friends

(Original post by cheesecakelove)
    What's the conversation like when you do talk to each other?
    She doesn't really chat to me IRL, only online. I ask her how she is and we chat about all sorts of stuff for a bit. Usually 2-5 messages a day.

(Original post by boriapple)
    Why don't you try asking her to go watch a movie or amusement park or something? Don't imply it's anything romantic. I reckon if she's up for going out for fun with you then she doesn't feel obligated to be friendly with you.
    I did ask her out to see Blade Runner but she said she was busy.

We have hung out before but with other friends. Lately she doesntt seem to hang out with me.

ReputationRep:
    I'm a guy that has a female friend I am really attracted to but I know she's not into me. However I enjoy being friends with her. But I feel she's just being friendly towards me so as to not hurt my feelings. Should I tell her that she shouldn't feel bad for not wanting to be friends with me?
    Mayne either ask her out or tell her to FAWK OUT DA WHEY and move on with your life. Stop wasting your time wondering if she likes you and going around in circles.

ill stop messaging her and she if she talks to me

ReputationRep:
    I hate people like that who only talk, text or message you back if you do it first but if you don't they won't bother. But saying that every time I meet new people they are exactly like that from the beginning or they become like that after a few months. Also 2 of the friends Ive known for years don't bother to text or contact me at all unless I do first but I put up with it because I've known them a long time but new people I meet I'm not so forgiving so eventually I do give up on those new people.
    Some people are just idiot's like that and up themselves But it's a good idea to not message her for a week or a month to see if she messages you first but if she doesn't then it doesn't matter if you have to do all the running because if you enjoy your chats online and in person then you have to be the one to contact her first.
    I would say just give up even being friends with her but everyone acts differently in ways we don't understand so it's your choice to do what you think is best for you.
    If you think you can cope with the fact that she never messages you first and it doesn't bother you then carry on.

Maybe she's confident around other people but she's shy to talk to you first and she feels that talking or messaging you first is leading you on into thinking you can be more than friends. But I'm just making excuses for her really as I don't know for sure what is wrong with her but you could ask her why she never approaches you first but if you did that it could put her off where she stops contact all together just because you asked that simple question. People are weird and if you say the wrong thing to them or question them about their behaviour they will dump you as I've had that done to me a few times.
    I sometimes think there's something wrong with me as it makes me feel bad about myself But I know deep down it's not my fault but there is something mentally wrong with them. I'm Perfectly Normal compared to those idiot's. A lot of people are really sensitive so if you dare question them about their behaviour they'll respond childishly by stopping contact all together. I'm sure lots of people have had the same experience.

But you should ask her to go to a movie again but make sure you say just as friends because if a bloke asks me to go cinema, bar or anywhere else and I don't fancy them I always say No because they have not clarified that it's just as friends and I'm not going to embarass myself by asking. When a male friend whom I never see very often asked me if I'd like to meet up sometime I said no because I don't know what that means and I'm not attracted to him so it's like a man asking a girl to meet up for a coffee and some girls actually think that person only means to go for coffee as friends but the men who asked thought it was a date. I've heard of that happening to a few people where the girl had no idea she was on a date until after wards so it didn't go well so its always best for men to clarify exactly whether they are asking for a date or just asking to go cinema/coffee/ meet up as friends

if she says she's busy again just ask for a day that she isn't busy like the weekend or even a Sunday. You should make up a story about how a girl asked you out to the cinema when you were out with a friend but you're not sure if you like her and maybe this will make her jealous and put a rocket up her ass for her to make a move ( I meant for her to make a move as a friend ) She said your not her type but she might still want to go cinema etc with you as a friend.
    Another thing I hate about people is when they say their busy or they say we'll meet soon but won't tell you a day when they are free or a decent person would say I'll let you know when I'm free. But not everybody will act the same way that we do so sometimes it's just another annoying thing we have to put up with

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, it doesn't seem like she makes much effort to talk to you. Try this tactic and see if she tries to initiate conversation with you. If she values your company, she will try to talk to you.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.