Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter


    I think it would be wrong to say if so or not considering we’re not professionals but if you feel as if there is an issue, and you alone... go and seek professional help. They’ll help if there’s an issue and would be the best line of action.

    That doesn't seem normal, my love, I'm no psychiatrist but would definitely advise you to try to get some help. I think it may be related to your OCD. We skimmed the surface of OCD in AS psychology last year and it sounds like you have repetitive behaviours that you have to carry out to relieve the anxiety and irrational fears - which are certainly interfering with your everyday life very significantly. That type of thing is definitely classed as a mental illness, and your symtoms sound quite severe I really hope things get better for you Do you live alone or is there anyone who can help you by talking/comforting? Therapy etc. would be helpful but there's such long waiting lists all the time and depending on the doctor doesn't always seem to take mental health as seriously as it should be.
How are you feeling about your exams?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.