Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GCSE 9)
    Which one do you think I could get higher marks on (A/A*):
    1) Should the NHS treat people, depending on neagive lifestyle choices?
    2) Should the NHS treat obese people?

As It's a 5000 word essay, the first one may be too long and the second one may be too short, which one should I choose?
    Personally, I'd go with the first question. This will enable you to divide your dissertation into various sections, i.e. obesity, drug addictions, etc. I believe that you'd be restricting yourself a fair bit with question number two.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Atlas99)
    What was your question?

Was your report just an essay or did you include tables, graphs, etc?
    'Should the age of criminal responsibility in England and Wales be raised from 10 to 14?'

I included two tables in my dissertation. The first enabled me to make a cross comparison of the minimum ages of criminal responsibility around the world. The second allowed me to analyse whether or not there is close relationship between the notion of criminal responsibility and other age-related social rights, i.e. the age of sexual consent, the legal age of alcohol consumption, etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tessa w)
    First of all congrats on getting such an amazing grade.
    I am planning to so an epq on ‘should genetic screening during pregnancy be made compulsory?’
    What do you think about this topic ?
    Thanks, mate! That sounds awesome. Have you made a structured plan?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amoamor)
    Ive started my EPQ recently aswell and i can tell my supervisor feels weird about my topic. My title is 'are black women the most socially disadvantaged figures of society' do you think i should just scrap this or would you say its fine?
    Why would your supervisor feel 'weird' about your topic? It sounds good to me. Remember, you need to provide valid for and against arguments, so I presume you're going to discuss how other groups may be disadvantaged within society.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xilogreen)
    Is there a website where i can find academic journals you would recommend?
    https://academic.oup.com/journals/pages/journals_a_to_z

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by donnaseemchandra)
    I’m feeling alright. Onto my question: what do you think differentiated your piece from an A* piece? Thanks.
    Definitely my production log. I rushed my project product review and evaluation due to lack of time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by euphonious)
    Why would your supervisor feel 'weird' about your topic? It sounds good to me. Remember, you need to provide valid for and against arguments, so I presume you're going to discuss how other groups may be disadvantaged within society.
    Okay, thanks! i just felt like my supervisor felt that race related essays were not as good as a straightedge,more scientific essay tbh. And yeah i will be making for and against arguments for other races too now that you mention it. thank youuu and well done on getting an A

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amoamor)
    Okay, thanks! i just felt like my supervisor felt that race related essays were not as good as a straightedge,more scientific essay tbh. And yeah i will be making for and against arguments for other races too now that you mention it. thank youuu and well done on getting an A
    No problem, man. I wouldn't just mention races alone, England's most disadvantaged groups include: homeless people; people with learning disabilities; travellers; and migrants, refugees and asylum seekers.

ReputationRep:
    When discussing a topic are you supposed to argue for and against it?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Did you meet every deadline?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Atlas99)
    When discussing a topic are you supposed to argue for and against it?
    Yes, it's supposed to be a balanced argument.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ladkus)
    Did you meet every deadline?
    I wasn't given deadlines as such because I did the whole project independently. I was the only person who opted to do the EPQ in my year group, so my 'supervisor' kind of just left me to it.

ReputationRep:
    What topic did you do your EPQ on? so far as my base question i have; To what extent has migration benefited the UK economy. i want to study economics at uni and so need any tips you may have to help me get started

ReputationRep:
    Whart primary sources did you use?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ellaa.xmo)
    What topic did you do your EPQ on? so far as my base question i have; To what extent has migration benefited the UK economy. i want to study economics at uni and so need any tips you may have to help me get started
    The age of criminal responsibility.

Your question sounds good, you could make it even better by being more specific, e.g. 'To what extent has migration benefited the UK economy over the past five years?'

I would begin by making a detailed plan, jot down particular areas of research that you'd like to explore. Be sure to access both primary and secondary resources if you're aiming for top marks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GCSE 9)
    Whart primary sources did you use?
    I emailed QCs and academics at Cambridge.

I attended a 'Crime and Punishment Masterclass' at the University of Birmingham which provided me with an overall insight into youth crime.

ReputationRep:
    How do I reference?

ReputationRep:
    What year are you in now? do you think in the month of March/April maybe you will be able to give my EPQ so far a look and give me tips on how to improve as i am only doing 3 subjects its is crucial i get at least an A in the EPQ

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.