The Student Room Group

Bank of England

Hi i got an invite from BOE to sit an analytical test but this test does not define what i need to study and practice.

the email states

"The test lasts for one and half hours and has been specifically designed for the Bank to test your written analytical skills. The test does not have any economic content and the only preparation we would advise is to ensure that you have read up on the Bank and what we do"

any advice that what could i practice or read more about Bank of England.
talwar_desi
Hi i got an invite from BOE to sit an analytical test but this test does not define what i need to study and practice.

the email states

"The test lasts for one and half hours and has been specifically designed for the Bank to test your written analytical skills. The test does not have any economic content and the only preparation we would advise is to ensure that you have read up on the Bank and what we do"

Their website is a start I would think.
Reply 2
Also perhaps some news articles on the Bank.
Google news and search BoE. Or a personal fav of mine, w.w.w.n.e.w.s.m.a.p.c.o.m may have some other sources.
Reply 4
talwar_desi

the email states

yeh I got through to that too, no idea what it consists of though. I'm just data mining critical thinking and analytical thinking on the Internet and reading up on the bank.
Reply 5
talwar_desi

the email states

I did this a couple of years ago. The only thing I'd advise is to take their advice - read up on the Bank and what they do. As for any written analytical skills test, they'll present you with a scenario and all the information needed (usually quite a bit more), and you have to come to a conclusion and justify it. The key is to argue your conclusion well and show them your thoughts behind it. It's not about swatting up, it's about testing your analytical skills. However knowing a lot about the Bank, what it does and how it does it, helps a lot as the scenario will likely be a "you're the bank, what do you do in X situation". But then, that's what you'd expect for any company, really.
Reply 6
is there anyway we can practice that written analytical skills test.also do we need to mug up any statistics on the bank.
Most companies do that type of thing. Just improve your business awareness by reading about the Bank of England, know how it's decisions affect others etc.

When you're in a job like this most of the time you're not using knowledge that you learnt at uni, you're using the skills you learnt. These kind of tests are designed to assess those skills, so there's not that much preparation you can do.
is this for the gap year with BoE?
Hi I have a first round face to face interview with the bank of england for a trade settlements jobs position. I was wondering if anyone could give me any tips etc that may be useful e.g. questions they ask etc.
Thank you in advance
Original post by Nathan Smith 123
Hi I have a first round face to face interview with the bank of england for a trade settlements jobs position. I was wondering if anyone could give me any tips etc that may be useful e.g. questions they ask etc.
Thank you in advance

You know Nathan, even if I would be sitting on a holy grail of information, I would not really feel like sharing any of it when you go cross-posting and spamming the forum.
Original post by ChevalBlanc

Original post by ChevalBlanc
You know Nathan, even if I would be sitting on a holy grail of information, I would not really feel like sharing any of it when you go cross-posting and spamming the forum.

Im looking for anyone that can help; not interested in your preference of my methods.
What did you got in the analytical test!
Original post by NitsDalglish
What did you got in the analytical test!

Terrible written English.

This thread is also 3 years old from the date of last post, and 7 (yes SEVEN) years old from when the OP first made the thread.
Original post by pmc:producer
Terrible written English.

This thread is also 3 years old from the date of last post, and 7 (yes SEVEN) years old from when the OP first made the thread.

Preach.

/Thread closed

Latest

Trending

Trending