Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I made a mistake in my personal statement by repeating the same word twice in a single line. As I have sent it to Oxford through UCAS I cannot edit it. Do you think it can cost me my place?

ReputationRep:
    I doubt a mistake of that calibre will instantly ruin your chances. They do like good spelling, punctuation and grammar but I think an interview placement hinges on your academic ability and potential as seen in the quality of your personal statement and reference. Furthermore, a repeat word may even go un-noticed

Good luck with Oxford!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by boriapple)
    I doubt a mistake of that calibre will instantly ruin your chances. They do like good spelling, punctuation and grammar but I think an interview placement hinges on your academic ability and potential as seen in the quality of your personal statement and reference. Furthermore, a repeat word may even go un-noticed

Good luck with Oxford!
    I would like to thank you for helping me in this situation. I have a question though. How do you know so much about this? And also will you be willing to read my personal statement and give me your thoughts on it? I know I'm asking for a lot but you sound like a person with a lot of experience and I do not have a lot of people to guide me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZARAYOUNG)
    I would like to thank you for helping me in this situation. I have a question though. How do you know so much about this? And also will you be willing to read my personal statement and give me your thoughts on it? I know I'm asking for a lot but you sound like a person with a lot of experience and I do not have a lot of people to guide me.
    If you wish, I could lend a helping hand by going through your personal statement and giving you some thoughts on it. I love reading different personal statements. I could send you mine as well as I would like someone to read mine's as well.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZARAYOUNG)
    I have applied to Oxford too btw! But as funny as it may sound, Oxford is my back up option!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jasir Alam)
    I have applied to Oxford too btw! But as funny as it may sound, Oxford is my back up option!
    lord imagine

ReputationRep:
    LOL On my personal statement for Oxford I almost submitted it by spelling Bertrand Russell with one l. Fortunately noticed, last second.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.