Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I recently started speaking to a guy who I met at his gig, we were talking for a while and I just discovered he has a girlfriend. There is no sign o a girlfriend on his social media, NOTHING AT ALL! then I get a notification for Insta that someone I didn't know requesting to follow me, I obviously stalk her profile (lets call her Lilly) and her profile is filled with pictures of them together and captions about how in love she is with this guy. I obviously confronted him and he says that we were talking as friends and lies about how she doesn't know we speak blah blah blah and how she saw the picture of me and him on my profile and 'thought I was pretty' so followed me. B******T!!!! I have no idea how to go forward from this, I have so many feeling for this guy and I just feel betrayed and mugged off. Also do I message the girl to let her know whats going on between me and him? ( if I was in her position I would want to know)

Any advice is appreciated x

ReputationRep:
    He hasn’t cheated. You have no relationship with this guy other than chatting online
    She knows who you are
    You stalk her online?? Why?
    The fact that you have a crush on this guy is irrelevant. He’s not free and hasn’t led you on
    Stalking will get you into trouble. Find someone in real life and forget it

ReputationRep:
    I'm with Sammy on this, what has he actually done wrong?

From what you've said he may of led you on ever so slightly but that seems to be his own doing.

For all you know, he has probably told his missus about you because undoubtedly she would of asked him who you were when she saw the picture.

ReputationRep:
    I feel like you should let the girl know. Maybe you're able to settle the situation this way

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by utr)
    I'm with Sammy on this, what has he actually done wrong?

From what you've said he may of led you on ever so slightly but that seems to be his own doing.

For all you know, he has probably told his missus about you because undoubtedly she would of asked him who you were when she saw the picture.
    I just want to clarify that this guy had made plans to come and stay with me for a few days and he made his intentions very clear of what was going to happen. I would personally call that cheating and even if I didn’t, I wouldn’t want my boyfriend planning to stay with girls🤷🏼*♀️

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sammylou40)
    He hasn’t cheated. You have no relationship with this guy other than chatting online
    She knows who you are
    You stalk her online?? Why?
    The fact that you have a crush on this guy is irrelevant. He’s not free and hasn’t led you on
    Stalking will get you into trouble. Find someone in real life and forget it
    Used the word stalk very lightly, I simply scrolled through her Instagram because I didn’t know who she was and she had followed me. idk why you are being hostile, I was just asking for advice. and idk about you but if my boyfriend was constantly FaceTiming and meeting a girl I would class it as somewhat cheating.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amytaylor9)
    I just want to clarify that this guy had made plans to come and stay with me for a few days and he made his intentions very clear of what was going to happen. I would personally call that cheating and even if I didn’t, I wouldn’t want my boyfriend planning to stay with girls🤷🏼*♀️
    Ah, well that changes things then.

I wouldn't go as far as saying it was cheating, but I could understand why some would.

Personally, I don't think there's much to gain out of telling his girlfriend because what are you likely to achieve apart from probably splitting up?

If you do that and they do split up, there's no way in the world he comes to you afterwards.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by utr)
    Ah, well that changes things then.

I wouldn't go as far as saying it was cheating, but I could understand why some would.

Personally, I don't think there's much to gain out of telling his girlfriend because what are you likely to achieve apart from probably splitting up?

If you do that and they do split up, there's no way in the world he comes to you afterwards.
    tbh I wouldn’t want him after he’s “cheated”. I just don’t know whether to tell his girlfriend because idk but I would want to know if I was her and he wasn’t faithful

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 19, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.