Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    So I had a full-time job over the summer, and that was all fine but now I'm back at uni and am now a resident warden/resident assistant and this is going to require me to work over the Christmas and Easter periods. So obviously there is no point in me staying on at the summer job if I'm unable to work over xmas, but I'm now at uni and not really able to pop in to speak to the manager about leaving so what do?

    I'd feel like a bit of an a**hole doing it via text or email, or worse post. But I literally have no option to go there. I would call but she never picks up! So should I text her that I'm posting my resignation?

    Try to call her - talking to her is the best option if you can't travel. If you really can't get hold of her - email or text (depending on which one she sees most). I am sure she will understand as circumstances do change.

    Try calling first and when she doesn't pick up send a text saying something like "hi I tried calling to explain the situation but there was no answer - insert your resignation - "

    At least she'll know that you tried to quit in the nicest way. Hope this helps!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.