Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Pros and cons for both? Aside from the obvious debt. By the way the BBC program lasts for 22 months and the wage is about 14k a year I think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hijikata)
    Pros and cons for both? Aside from the obvious debt. By the way the BBC program lasts for 22 months and the wage is about 14k a year I think.
    Experience is a price beyond rubies.

ReputationRep:
    Also one thing to know is that a Job isn't guaranteed at the end of the Apprenticeship at the BBC, it is possible they will want to keep you but it isn't certain, you will be moving around the UK a bit too and studying at different universities aswell. And the BBC will want to either rent a place or such so you have a house if your own.

Not 100% if this applies to the Journalism Apprenticeship but does for the Digital and Engineering Degree Apprentices at the BBC, I was informed that the BBC pays for your stay while you are out of the country away from your house, I talked with someone on one of their apprenticeships while I was in work experience at the BBC and they enjoy it.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.