Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I'm a third year undergrad psychology student and want to move to Artificial Intelligence as a second bachelor's degree, after I'm done with my current one.
    I recently went to the Open Day of the University of Edinburgh and went to see one of the admissions tutors there. I described her my case and she recommended me to get 120 credits in maths, from which at least 60 have to be at level 2. She proceeded to tell me that I should give Open University a look, which I did. They however told me that they are only awarding qualifications from level 4 upwards.
    Since I've lived most of my life in Germany I am not too familiar with this classification system. I googled a bit back and forth but I am still a bit confused about it all. Does anyone have any experience or at least knowledge about this system?
    I am trying to find out how long it would take to get to these qualifications, and if it would be possible to do them on the side so that I could maybe even apply for 2018 entry. Ideally I would do them purely online and only attend course facilities for exams. I would appreciate any form of help or clarification tremendously, I hope this all makes sense.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by duckwithpartyhat)
    Hi,

I'm a third year undergrad psychology student and want to move to Artificial Intelligence as a second bachelor's degree, after I'm done with my current one.
    I recently went to the Open Day of the University of Edinburgh and went to see one of the admissions tutors there. I described her my case and she recommended me to get 120 credits in maths, from which at least 60 have to be at level 2. She proceeded to tell me that I should give Open University a look, which I did. They however told me that they are only awarding qualifications from level 4 upwards.
    Since I've lived most of my life in Germany I am not too familiar with this classification system. I googled a bit back and forth but I am still a bit confused about it all. Does anyone have any experience or at least knowledge about this system?
    I am trying to find out how long it would take to get to these qualifications, and if it would be possible to do them on the side so that I could maybe even apply for 2018 entry. Ideally I would do them purely online and only attend course facilities for exams. I would appreciate any form of help or clarification tremendously, I hope this all makes sense.
    GCSEs are level 3 so level 2 is basically completing year 9 with above a level 5 I think
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.