Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I submitted my application for Medicine on 6th October and I just wanted to know a rough idea of when we will be receiving offers for interviews/ rejections?
    I applied to;
    St Georges
    Bristol
    Kings
    Cardiff
    QMUL (Chemistry)

I'm a bit worried about everything
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clockwork30)
    I submitted my application for Medicine on 6th October and I just wanted to know a rough idea of when we will be receiving offers for interviews/ rejections?
    I applied to;
    St Georges
    Bristol
    Kings
    Cardiff
    QMUL (Chemistry)

I'm a bit worried about everything
    Universities don't even have your UKCAT score yet. End of next month at the earliest but could easily be start of next year. Settle in for a long wait.

ReputationRep:
    Realistically speaking you probably won't get an offer before Christmas. December is the very earliest from what I remember, but most offers are send off around March time.

ReputationRep:
    Waited 5 months for my first one. You could be waiting a while. Best forget about it and focus on your A-levels in the meantime.

ReputationRep:
    Honestly, it can be hard when your friends who have been applying for other courses are getting offers but UKCAT isn't sent off until November and even then it will take a few months. Stop refreshing track!

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone tell me why it takes them until November to send the UKCAT results to the universities? I mean everyone's already taken the exam and received their results by the time the UCAS deadline for Medicine passes. Surely it can't be that hard to create a software that automatically contacts UCAS, finds out which universities each applicant has applied to, and sends them the results? I assume some sort of software like this is already used, but then why does it take them 2-3 weeks just to send the results?

ReputationRep:
    I had a friend who received an offer (as in a place offer) on Christmas, someone on my course didn't hear of an interview until April I think. It can really vary. Some people don't get offers until results day, or even until one day into the course if someone drops out. Medicine is hilariously fun in their timings.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.