Turn on thread page Beta

Attempting AS Levels (Phoebe's GYG 2017) watch

ReputationRep:
    My classics teacher has cancelled 2 lessons this week and I don't know why I'm getting slightly stressed because I already struggle with it as a subject and I feel like I'm really behind

ReputationRep:
    So not having posted for 5 days is pretty awful. So, I've decided to use it in a different way than the way I'm currently using it.

So I'm going to write down what I want to achieve during the day (Probably just as a list) and then in the evening I'll come back to it and say how much of it I did achieve and all of that

ReputationRep:

Progression Meetings
    So today I had progression meetings where we got our target grades and given other targets to achieve too.

Spoiler:
    Show

My Target Grades:
    Drama & Theatre Studies: A*
    Classical Civilisation: A*
    Film Studies: A

My Targets that I got set are:
    Spoiler:
    Show

Drama & Theatre: Work my way through the reading list
    Classical Civilisation: Work on Essay technique
    Film Studies: Write about more complicated arguments and analysis in essays

I'm also going to set what I want to achieve by the end of the day today in a list
    • Finish my classics homework
    • Stretch
    • Practice piano
    • Read over some film notes
    • Do some creative writing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by phoebemallow)

:bee2:Phoebe's GYG 2017 :bee2:

I'm making this GYG in an attempt to make me stop procrastinating and actually get me to work harder for my A-levels. I'm currently in year 12 and have just started them and know I want to get good grades in them

GCSE Grades
    Spoiler:
    Show

English Language: 8 (A massive surprise to me seeing as I'd been scraping 4's since year 10)
    English Literature: 5 (A pretty good achievement seeing as I'd been predicted 4's for this too)
    Maths: 6!!!! (I had convinced myself I had failed maths and that I'd have to retake it but it turns out I was wrong and very happily so)
    Core Science: A
    Additional Science: B
    Classical Civilisation: A
    Drama: A
    Religious Studies: A
    PE: C (A bit of a disappointment but both the theory papers were really difficult because they asked 6 mark questions on parts of the spec that only had 2 sentences written about it in the textbook)

A-Level Subjects
    Spoiler:
    Show

Drama & Theatre Studies
    Film Studies
    Classical Civilisation

And if you want to know what I want to do at Uni all I know is I want to do something in film but I'm really not sure what it is I want to do yet within that area
    Hello! I’m a student in Year 13 also doing Drama and Theatre Studies (OCR) and I’ve done 40% already - Feel free to pm me if I can help in any way. x
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FloralHybrid)
    Hello! I’m a student in Year 13 also doing Drama and Theatre Studies (OCR) and I’ve done 40% already - Feel free to pm me if I can help in any way. x
    Awesome thank you so much ) I will definitely take you up on that offer when we've done a bit more theory

ReputationRep:
    Today I did read over my film notes and I did part of my classics homework. I also did my piano practice and stretched. I think my biggest issue is that I lack quite a bit of focus and I really need to work on being able to keep my focus, at least until I've finished a task.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't have time to set my goals this morning because we went on a family walk. Today, I think that I just need to finish my classics and my film homework and then read some of Stanislavski's "An Actor Prepares" for Drama.

ReputationRep:
    I've now finished all of my homework for reading week!!! This is a pretty big achievement for me and I'm really proud of myself. Today I just got my head down and focused on finishing my work after I got back from the walk and it worked!!! I also read a whole chapter of An Actor Prepares which is another big achievement because I'm s very slow reader due to my dyslexia

Smiles all round

Name:  Happy puppy.jpg
Views: 25
Size:  92.6 KB

ReputationRep:
    Today my goals are as follows:
    • Read another chapter of "An Actor Prepares"
    • Do some extra work on Oedipus The King
    • Make flashcards on the films I'm studying and who their directors are
    • Practice Piano
    • Do some creative writing
    • Stretch

I think from now on, every time I complete everything on my list I'm going to reward myself with a cute happy animal pic

ReputationRep:
    I achieved all of my goals again I'm going to London tomorrow so I won't have any goals over the weekend.

Name:  4a8he.jpg
Views: 27
Size:  25.6 KB

ReputationRep:
    I achieved all of my goals again I'm going to London tomorrow so I won't have any goals over the weekend.
    Name:  4a8he.jpg
Views: 27
Size:  25.6 KB
    don’t you just love having nothing to do on a weekend!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clouddbubbles)
    don’t you just love having nothing to do on a weekend!
    I adore it! It's the best feeling

ReputationRep:

Goals for the Week
    • Read 4 chapters of 'An Actor Prepares'
    • Finish chapter 1 of the 'Stanislavsky Toolkit'
    • Make quickfire questions on COG and Victoria
    • Read Film notes
    • Research Oedipus the King
    • Finish my City Dionysia revision booklet

ReputationRep:
    My goals for today are:
    • Practice piano
    • Stretch
    • Read some more of 'An Actor Prepares' and make some notes on it
    • Read some of the City Of God study guide and make some notes

ReputationRep:
    I'm aware I haven't posted for ages and it was because of a mixture of me being ill and then just forgetting afterwards. If I'm honest. I didn't do a lot of work whilst I was ill because I felt like I could barely make it out of bed. I just did my homework but nothing extra.

I'm going to try and start my daily goals or just updates properly tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    I have a friend taking Biology and she loves it but finds it super difficult
    I definitely dont love it lol, but i guess some topics are quite interesting like the immune system, but i hate the BIG WORDS u have to learn

University open days

1. Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Days Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
  2. University of Sunderland
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
  3. Plymouth College of Art
    All MA Programmes Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.