Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Attempting AS Levels (Phoebe's GYG 2017) Watch

ReputationRep:
    My classics teacher has cancelled 2 lessons this week and I don't know why I'm getting slightly stressed because I already struggle with it as a subject and I feel like I'm really behind

ReputationRep:
    So not having posted for 5 days is pretty awful. So, I've decided to use it in a different way than the way I'm currently using it.

So I'm going to write down what I want to achieve during the day (Probably just as a list) and then in the evening I'll come back to it and say how much of it I did achieve and all of that

ReputationRep:

Progression Meetings
    So today I had progression meetings where we got our target grades and given other targets to achieve too.

Spoiler:
    Show

My Target Grades:
    Drama & Theatre Studies: A*
    Classical Civilisation: A*
    Film Studies: A

My Targets that I got set are:
    Spoiler:
    Show

Drama & Theatre: Work my way through the reading list
    Classical Civilisation: Work on Essay technique
    Film Studies: Write about more complicated arguments and analysis in essays

I'm also going to set what I want to achieve by the end of the day today in a list
    • Finish my classics homework
    • Stretch
    • Practice piano
    • Read over some film notes
    • Do some creative writing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by phoebemallow)

:bee2:Phoebe's GYG 2017 :bee2:

I'm making this GYG in an attempt to make me stop procrastinating and actually get me to work harder for my A-levels. I'm currently in year 12 and have just started them and know I want to get good grades in them

GCSE Grades
    Spoiler:
    Show

English Language: 8 (A massive surprise to me seeing as I'd been scraping 4's since year 10)
    English Literature: 5 (A pretty good achievement seeing as I'd been predicted 4's for this too)
    Maths: 6!!!! (I had convinced myself I had failed maths and that I'd have to retake it but it turns out I was wrong and very happily so)
    Core Science: A
    Additional Science: B
    Classical Civilisation: A
    Drama: A
    Religious Studies: A
    PE: C (A bit of a disappointment but both the theory papers were really difficult because they asked 6 mark questions on parts of the spec that only had 2 sentences written about it in the textbook)

A-Level Subjects
    Spoiler:
    Show

Drama & Theatre Studies
    Film Studies
    Classical Civilisation

And if you want to know what I want to do at Uni all I know is I want to do something in film but I'm really not sure what it is I want to do yet within that area
    Hello! I’m a student in Year 13 also doing Drama and Theatre Studies (OCR) and I’ve done 40% already - Feel free to pm me if I can help in any way. x
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FloralHybrid)
    Hello! I’m a student in Year 13 also doing Drama and Theatre Studies (OCR) and I’ve done 40% already - Feel free to pm me if I can help in any way. x
    Awesome thank you so much ) I will definitely take you up on that offer when we've done a bit more theory

ReputationRep:
    Today I did read over my film notes and I did part of my classics homework. I also did my piano practice and stretched. I think my biggest issue is that I lack quite a bit of focus and I really need to work on being able to keep my focus, at least until I've finished a task.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't have time to set my goals this morning because we went on a family walk. Today, I think that I just need to finish my classics and my film homework and then read some of Stanislavski's "An Actor Prepares" for Drama.

ReputationRep:
    I've now finished all of my homework for reading week!!! This is a pretty big achievement for me and I'm really proud of myself. Today I just got my head down and focused on finishing my work after I got back from the walk and it worked!!! I also read a whole chapter of An Actor Prepares which is another big achievement because I'm s very slow reader due to my dyslexia

Smiles all round

Name:  Happy puppy.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  92.6 KB

ReputationRep:
    Today my goals are as follows:
    • Read another chapter of "An Actor Prepares"
    • Do some extra work on Oedipus The King
    • Make flashcards on the films I'm studying and who their directors are
    • Practice Piano
    • Do some creative writing
    • Stretch

I think from now on, every time I complete everything on my list I'm going to reward myself with a cute happy animal pic

ReputationRep:
    I achieved all of my goals again I'm going to London tomorrow so I won't have any goals over the weekend.

Name:  4a8he.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  25.6 KB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by phoebemallow)
    I achieved all of my goals again I'm going to London tomorrow so I won't have any goals over the weekend.
    Name:  4a8he.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  25.6 KB
    don’t you just love having nothing to do on a weekend!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clouddbubbles)
    don’t you just love having nothing to do on a weekend!
    I adore it! It's the best feeling

ReputationRep:

Goals for the Week
    • Read 4 chapters of 'An Actor Prepares'
    • Finish chapter 1 of the 'Stanislavsky Toolkit'
    • Make quickfire questions on COG and Victoria
    • Read Film notes
    • Research Oedipus the King
    • Finish my City Dionysia revision booklet

ReputationRep:
    My goals for today are:
    • Practice piano
    • Stretch
    • Read some more of 'An Actor Prepares' and make some notes on it
    • Read some of the City Of God study guide and make some notes

Submit reply
Updated: November 13, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.