Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,

I recently started learning Python (still so baffled lol but let's not get into that) and I have installed Anaconda/PyCharm/Git onto my PC. I had no problems opening PyCharm up until now, and whenever I try to create a project it says that my interpreter is invalid and that I need to 'choose a valid Python interpreter'. Does anyone have any idea what this means/how to fix this?

Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by physicalgraffiti)
    Hi guys,

I recently started learning Python (still so baffled lol but let's not get into that) and I have installed Anaconda/PyCharm/Git onto my PC. I had no problems opening PyCharm up until now, and whenever I try to create a project it says that my interpreter is invalid and that I need to 'choose a valid Python interpreter'. Does anyone have any idea what this means/how to fix this?

Thank you!
    No tips but I've just started learning it too. I'm using codecademy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cc85734)
    No tips but I've just started learning it too. I'm using codecademy
    Same! It's awesome but I've still got a lot to learn haha
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    It isn't finding python. Have you managed to run code from it before? Do you have a C:/Python* folder?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DayneD89)
    It isn't finding python. Have you managed to run code from it before? Do you have a C:/Python* folder?
    Yeah I ran code a couple days ago when my lecturer helped set it up for me, it was just now that I tried opening it that this message came up. And I tried searching for that but nothing came up :/
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by physicalgraffiti)
    Yeah I ran code a couple days ago when my lecturer helped set it up for me, it was just now that I tried opening it that this message came up. And I tried searching for that but nothing came up :/
    Try searching for python.exe and find out where your python is installed. Then in PyCharm open settings (ctrl+alt+s iirc) Search for 'Python Interpreter' Click local and point it to your pthon folder.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.