Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

When do you start working after getting a job? Watch

ReputationRep:
    So I had a job interview last week and they phoned me yesterday telling me that I have been accepted and to bring all my information in next week.
    I have two events in 2 weeks and didn't tell them this in my interview as I forgot.

How long after giving an employer bank details and such do you start working?

I don't need to go to these events but I would like to. Should I tell them I'm not available to work these days? Will they be angry I never brought it up in my interview? Or should I just forget about the events and work?
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by janeyiffey)
    So I had a job interview last week and they phoned me yesterday telling me that I have been accepted and to bring all my information in next week.
    I have two events in 2 weeks and didn't tell them this in my interview as I forgot.

How long after giving an employer bank details and such do you start working?

I don't need to go to these events but I would like to. Should I tell them I'm not available to work these days? Will they be angry I never brought it up in my interview? Or should I just forget about the events and work?
    Your offer should include the start date or you'll find out when you go and give them the information. I think it's best to send them an email informing them that you are busy on those days and won't be able to come in. Tell them now, rather than waiting.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.