Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So I had a job interview last week and they phoned me yesterday telling me that I have been accepted and to bring all my information in next week.
    I have two events in 2 weeks and didn't tell them this in my interview as I forgot.

How long after giving an employer bank details and such do you start working?

I don't need to go to these events but I would like to. Should I tell them I'm not available to work these days? Will they be angry I never brought it up in my interview? Or should I just forget about the events and work?
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by janeyiffey)
    So I had a job interview last week and they phoned me yesterday telling me that I have been accepted and to bring all my information in next week.
    I have two events in 2 weeks and didn't tell them this in my interview as I forgot.

How long after giving an employer bank details and such do you start working?

I don't need to go to these events but I would like to. Should I tell them I'm not available to work these days? Will they be angry I never brought it up in my interview? Or should I just forget about the events and work?
    Your offer should include the start date or you'll find out when you go and give them the information. I think it's best to send them an email informing them that you are busy on those days and won't be able to come in. Tell them now, rather than waiting.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.