Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    The progress from sixth form to univeristy is daunting and has made me think introspectively of what I want to do. I currently do subjects which fall into the line of profession I want to build on, but at the sixth form I currently intend, I don't feel happy, I don't feel challeneged and I feel like I don't belong there.

So, I want to go to a sixth form that will hopefully do all those things. I feel like going to a new sixth form whether it be from resitting Year 12 and continuing Year 13, would be extremely beneficial.

My question is do you think it will be worth it?
    I have done my AS as I do reformed Alevels (meaning they dont contribute to final alevel), making transfer much easier and I also figure most colleges will have implemented this new reform, meaning everything is sat fresh in the second year.

I want to go to University after sixth form. Will this affect me in any way? We have started our UCAS stuff but I haven't sent mine off. Will univeristy's frown at people who have resat Year 12?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    If the courses are similar, do whatever you feel is best. It won’t hinder your uni application in any way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -Mathematician-)
    If the courses are similar, do whatever you feel is best. It won’t hinder your uni application in any way.
    Thanks, I'm just thinking if they'll accept me (the college I've applied to) for year 12 or 13 entry as it's already Oct. lol. but hey better than late than never, right?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.