Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is it OK that there are parts of the UK which are majority non-White British? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    I note your disgust, but if everyone behaves like you and wont live with other ethnic groups, then dont you create by default the gehttoes you complain of?

Is it just brown people you have a problem with or third world or just brown and third world?
    The guys a troll just look at his name and if he weren’t you just owned his argument
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Salt Queen)
    I did not say that. I said that because I'd be a foreigner by choice I should learn about their culture. I'm not a colonialist trying to change people's lifestyle and culture meanwhile I am the outsider?

However in a country where I was born and raised I should have a bit more say and it's not "ironic" considering I said I don't even want to be in an all black area and I'm black. Because it's boring being around people I was born and raised around. 😑. How is it friggin ironic??
    There can't be any all black areas in America because black people are about 14 % of the population there got to be some white people living there There might be some areas were only white people live but I doubt there many.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by looloo2134)
    There can't be any all black areas in America because black people are about 14 % of the population there got to be some white people living there There might be some areas were only white people live but I doubt there many.
    Lmao WHAT are you talking about?!! Something told me not to read this but I did!

There are even less Asians in UK than there are blacks in USA yet there are mostly-Asian areas in several parts of UK!! What are you saying?! Of course there are 100s actually of places in USA with only black people!!! Omg I'm so done 😂😂😂😂😂. You must really think I'm stupid for you to tell me that but it backfired. Please don't quote me again, I can't deal with the ignorance tonight. And to use your little point against you there are no all white areas either and they are the majority so what are you saying Lmao.

ReputationRep:
    I mean the UK itself never has had one culture. England has the English culture, Scotland the Scottish, Wales has Welsh and Northern Ireland has Northern Irish, even in the little regions within these countries are different ways of doing things. Every single place in the UK has their own linguistics, history and customs, so even without immigration factors within more recent years, the UK is pretty multicultural. There's no such thing as a single British culture and in my opinion Britain never has or never will be mono-culture. Non-white British people living in the UK in large numbers is a good thing as in my opinion they're simply adding to the already multicultural Britain that seems to thrive off the differences and acceptance of its inhabitants. However I say this as someone not from mainland UK and knows about 3 non-white people and nobody of another religion to me, so my opinion is probably lacking in how having majorities of non-white British would really affect the UK. But as of right now I don't see why areas of majority non-white British people wouldn't be beneficial to the UK.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.