Changing Facebook profile picture but keeping comments & likes

Watch this thread
s1s9s9s5
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi,

In short I have a Facebook photo that was uploaded to my timeline that I want to make my profile photo.

However, I don't want to lose the comments as they are sympathy comments from family and i'd really like them to remain on the picture.

Is there any way of doing this?

thanks
black1blade
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
Yeah your profile picture is actually post to your timeline so it'll still be there even if you upload a new photo .
s1s9s9s5
Rep:
(Original post by black1blade)
Yeah your profile picture is actually post to your timeline so it'll still be there even if you upload a new photo .
It was never uploaded as a profile picture just as a timeline photo. so if i try and click make profile pic it makes a copy of it and the comments disappear
s1s9s9s5
Rep:
anyone?????
Ciel.
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by s1s9s9s5)
It was never uploaded as a profile picture just as a timeline photo. so if i try and click make profile pic it makes a copy of it and the comments disappear
There's no way around it. The comments won't just 'move' to the profile pic. They will stay on the timeline photo.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (13)
29.55%
As I expected (12)
27.27%
Harder (17)
38.64%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (2)
4.55%

Watched Threads