Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Think I ran a red light, and there was a black box above it ? watch

ReputationRep:
    Went to see Blackpool illuminations tonight, while there I was stopped at a red light, then I thought I saw it turn green and drove through it, but as driving through I saw the second light still on red and the cars that were behind me still stopped. I am sure I saw it turn green unless I was looking at the lights opposite, have also been stressed today so was not concentrating as much.

Above the traffic lights was a small black box, has a small red dot light on it. Is that a camera ?

I've been driving 5 years, I took a speed awareness course 2 years ago for going 7 mph above the limit, apart from that no accidents or points.

I'm worried that I might have ran the red light, if I did was that black box on the top of the lights a camera and would I be offered a course instead of points ?

Thanks
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Cleverboy1991)
    Went to see Blackpool illuminations tonight, while there I was stopped at a red light, then I thought I saw it turn green and drove through it, but as driving through I saw the second light still on red and the cars that were behind me still stopped. I am sure I saw it turn green unless I was looking at the lights opposite, have also been stressed today so was not concentrating as much.

Above the traffic lights was a small black box, has a small red dot light on it. Is that a camera ?

I've been driving 5 years, I took a speed awareness course 2 years ago for going 7 mph above the limit, apart from that no accidents or points.

I'm worried that I might have ran the red light, if I did was that black box on the top of the lights a camera and would I be offered a course instead of points ?

Thanks
    What sort of course do you think they'd offer you...? Traffic spotting with a field trip to the red light district?

Show us the box. RLCs are usually just smaller GATSOs, so pretty hard to miss.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IWMTom)
    What sort of course do you think they'd offer you...? Traffic spotting with a field trip to the red light district?

The traffic lights are 35 miles away , 70 return.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    The traffic lights are 35 miles away , 70 return.
    We have this super duper thing called Google Street View, y'know..

ReputationRep:

Thanks
    its called a camera

ReputationRep:

Right. So how would I know the address in order to find it on this google Street view thing then ? All I know is that it is somewhere in Blackpool
    (Original post by moonzig)
    its called a camera
    Some people are saying they are sensors ?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Welcome Squad

PRSOM!! :rofl:

Thanks
    You should've been paying attention to the road anyways! Imagine if a child was crossing... :/

If you were feeling in a state which could possibly cause an accident, then you shouldn't be driving in the first place!

By making this thread, I don't think you're going to get much sympathy. Just an honest opinion.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Right. So how would I know the address in order to find it on this google Street view thing then ? All I know is that it is somewhere in Blackpool

Some people are saying they are sensors ?
    Find the road you were on, and then find the junction?

ReputationRep:
    Just google traffic light cameras or something and try to find the box on there.

ReputationRep:
    Be glad you did not hit another car or a pedestrian.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by barnetlad)
    Be glad you did not hit another car or a pedestrian.
    Be glad I will.... Once I found out I've got away with it.

I'm not 100% certain I ran the light, just seems likely

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by monkeyman0121)
    Just google traffic light cameras or something and try to find the box on there.
    It shows these box things but says they are sensors not cameras ?

ReputationRep:
    Find the road you were on, and then find the junction?
    If it's that easy you do it for me. It's in Blackpool and that about all that I know of the situation
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    If it's that easy you do it for me. It's in Blackpool and that about all that I know of the situation
    You drove down the road, not me...

ReputationRep:
    You drove down the road, not me...
    Now you're doing the driving, driving me mad !

Seriously, are you dumb ?

I told you I don't know the name of the street, why won't you accept that ?! I don't write down every street name in a notebook as I'm driving through each street, that would be dangerous
    Yes I know I drove down the ****ing street, but how the frig would I know what the street is called ffs ?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Now you're doing the driving, driving me mad !

Seriously, are you dumb ?

I told you I don't know the name of the street, why won't you accept that ?! I don't write down every street name in a notebook as I'm driving through each street, that would be dangerous
    Yes I know I drove down the ****ing street, but how the frig would I know what the street is called ffs ?
    I'd imagine you had some idea of the route you took.. it wouldn't be ridiculous to say you could just follow it back until you found the right junction?

ReputationRep:
    I'd imagine you had some idea of the route you took.. it wouldn't be ridiculous to say you could just follow it back until you found the right junction?
    I typed Google Street view in but does not seem to be working and is very slow

ReputationRep:
    Can't tell if you're actually looking for help or not with how aggressive you are.

Be thankful you didn't hit anyone.

I'd agree with following your route on google maps. That's you're best bet. Otherwise your alternative plan is crossing your fingers.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.