Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I don't get club scenes, can someone explain it (read desc)? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I spent time with 2 male and 2 female flat mates in a club on the dance floor etc. First thing i notice is the large amount of dudes who ''try it on'' with the 2 girls from our group. The odd one or 2 grabbed them out of nowhere... most lingered around them until they knew the girls weren't interested. With the 2 guys... no girl came close to them (not saying this is a bad thing.. it is just how things are... they are both reasonably good looking. The girls honestly... are both quite unattractive (one is alright but the other...). Some of those guys who were approaching the girls I'd say ''good looking'' as well which i found odd because they could do much better on tinder or something... but they clearly were desperate.
    The girls spoke about how they hate the creepy ones and those that grab them etc. I honestly don't know how guys are meant to go about it. None of my friends who I've been clubbing with ever approached women. I saw quite a few girls looking at me (a fair few holding a gaze for a few seconds)... but then they look away of which from reading up means nothing. I mean i know people look at others but I rarely catch dudes looking at me in the same way or at all.
    I will add that the club did have like 70-80% dudes there (the uni is male dominated...). But I experience similar things in other ones... maybe not as many lingering men.

ReputationRep:
    How club pulling works is fairly alien to me 'cause the idea of trying to pull somebody when you can't even hear each other sounds like madness. That said I'm really not sure from your OP what you're not understanding, you've not really raised any questions.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 16, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.