Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Biomedical Science or Pharmacy or Medicine? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys...
    I had a few questions that I hope you can answer...
    Firstly because I’m predicted only AAC in biology chemistry and maths I cannot apply for my first choice of doing medicine. So I decided to do biomedical sciences..I haven’t applied yet..when applying for universities is it better to still go with accredited and placement year one even if I’m not sure if I want to be a BMS.

Also is a biomedical scientist a good career to have..in terms of good salary and employment or is pharmacy much better?

The thing is I’m stuck between pharmacy and biomedical sciences, the good with biomed is that my grades allow more biomed than pharmacy but saying that with AAC a number of unis can consider me but I don’t think I will be competitive enough.

In terms of job and salary is it better to do s biomedical sciences degree or MPharm?

My other option is a bit risky..basically I’m thinking of applying to biomedical sciences and if so better than AAC so maybe AAB apply to pharmacy through clearing/adjustment?
    I’m not sure how this works so do u think I can enter through clearing having applied for biomed?

Is medicine abroad in bulgaria any good?
    I’m
    Lastly why don’t all the top/Russell group unis give students placement years or accreditation? What job other than go into graduate medicine can you do with biomedical science that’s not accredited. If I go through an accredited one can I still do other jobs?

which unis are the best to go with AAC for biomed or pharmacy?

I have a tonne of questions left but I would be grateful if you could answer these ones?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I would say AAC is enough for pharmacy if you do well in interviews. If you want to work as a pharmacist in the future, go for it.
    Most pharmacy schools ask for AAB but I know many people who got in with a lower grades. Some got in even though they didn't meet the offer and some entered thru clearing. The lowest I have heard of was CCC.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.