The Student Room Group

Cgp or endorsed textbooks

I am currently studying A-level Maths and I have the endorsed textbook by Pearsons. The Endorsed textbook for the new spec has the same repeated questions from the old spec C1 green/blue textbook but does have 1-2 problem solving questions at the end of the exercise. The theory for the maths is pretty crap and is crammed with same examples from the previous C1 textbook. I want to buy the New A-Level Maths for Edexcel: Year 1 & AS Student Book CGP. I just wanted to know if anyone has the textbook and whether it covers the entire syllabus and whether it can get me an A* by the end of the year? From looking at the spec the textbook follows the spec in order and has many examples and theories behind the maths but many people criticise CGP for getting you a mere C at the end. Just concerned. I think they may be refering to the Revision guides but not the textbook. Just wanted to know.
The CGP revision guides condense too much in my opinion, and the jokes and extra pages (about different kinds of cows????) are really unnecessary. I've never looked at their textbooks, but it would probably prove to be useful. If you're using it with another textbook too and checking things with your teachers I don't see a problem with getting it.

Sorry I'm not much help, I'm on old spec OCR.
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest