Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    I know we cant apply for accomodation anytime soon - havent even finished my personal statement yet ! But I went to the University of Manchester open day and I loved the Univeristy and the Criminology course it offered. For the accomodation it took us to the Fallowfiled accomodation. The En-Suite, Self-Catered (what i want) accomodation shown was Sheavyn Hall. The rooms seemed a nice size for the price; didnt think much of the kitchen area compared to the Lincon Accom I have seen but not to worry ! Anyway; what accomodation would every reccomend? I'm a typical British party girl who LOVES going on nights out - they have to include alcohol hahaha ! I love socialising but obviously I know when to get my head down (Getting good grades in my current A Levels - hopefully that continues!) and study and I am aiming for a first or at least a 2:1 at the end of my degree. So I'm looking for accommodation where bars, club, food places (e.g. Tesco etc) are easily accessible. I'm from a rural hometown so it will be a big shock moving to a city. Although, ive heard that the crime rate around Fallowfield is quite high which is scaring me...! Also that the city based accommodation has a lot of international, highly academic students which I don't think would suit me as they may not like doing the stuff I like doing ?? Thanks for your help guys x
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.