Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Help Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    To begin my story with, I actually didn't plan to take A Levels. I went to take A Levels as my free time while waiting to get accepted into another college taking Diploma. But sadly, I didn't get accepted.

In the beginning of sixth form, I was alright and I can cope with the subjects. I take Chem, Phy & IT. But as time goes by, I became so depressed. I hated going to school, I skip a few days of class and I never skip any class before in high school. I cried in school because it was too much for me. I feel like dying and I just want to die. My results for my first examination is not great either, I got 2 U's and 1D. I wanted to quit school so bad, but my dad didn't allowed me.

I didn't have a lot of friends here, I only have one with me from high school. I know that sixth form is supposed to be a place to grow but I don't really enjoy sixth form. I knew sixth form will be a pain in the ass that's why I didn't want to go take A Levels in the first place.

I'm going to have my End of Year examination next month and I was thinking if I got poor results , I will stop school and take Diploma next year but if I got good results, I will stay

Is this a good decision?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nicoledanie)
    To begin my story with, I actually didn't plan to take A Levels. I went to take A Levels as my free time while waiting to get accepted into another college taking Diploma. But sadly, I didn't get accepted.

In the beginning of sixth form, I was alright and I can cope with the subjects. I take Chem, Phy & IT. But as time goes by, I became so depressed. I hated going to school, I skip a few days of class and I never skip any class before in high school. I cried in school because it was too much for me. I feel like dying and I just want to die. My results for my first examination is not great either, I got 2 U's and 1D. I wanted to quit school so bad, but my dad didn't allowed me.

I didn't have a lot of friends here, I only have one with me from high school. I know that sixth form is supposed to be a place to grow but I don't really enjoy sixth form. I knew sixth form will be a pain in the ass that's why I didn't want to go take A Levels in the first place.

I'm going to have my End of Year examination next month and I was thinking if I got poor results , I will stop school and take Diploma next year but if I got good results, I will stay

Is this a good decision?
    if theres an opportunity to take Diploma, I would do it, doesn't sound like youre enjoying A-Levels and theres no point been unhappy-usually results in bad grades from no motivation.
    if you cant take it then its best to stay and just try make the most of sixth form
    • TSR Support Team
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    You need to do what is best for both your health and wellbeing, as well as your future. If you're not coping well and aren't happy doing A levels, then you shouldn't have to do them. I think your decision is a good way to deal with it! If you're coming out with poor results then it's not good for your mindset or your future options. I'd definitely see how they turn out and consider a diploma. Your happiness is so important, take care, and good luck!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What time of year is the worst for students?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.