Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Burrito goes to SNAP CITY Watch

• Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Sad day for burrito. Looks like this is the end of powerlifting for me. Lower back gave out during rack pulls. Felt tired and weak but still tried to go after a PR. Got 360kg but at what price? I can barely move out of bed now. My lower back is in agony

ReputationRep:
    oh MAYNE. :sad: You don't wanna go to SNAP CITY. You need to repent to LAWD GAAIINZ brotha, so he can forgive yo SINS.

360 kg god dayumn you beast mayne. In all seriousness get it checked out tho mayne, hopefully it's nothing too serious
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eden3)
    oh MAYNE. :sad: You don't wanna go to SNAP CITY. You need to repent to LAWD GAAIINZ brotha, so he can forgive yo SINS.

360 kg god dayumn you beast mayne. In all seriousness get it checked out tho mayne, hopefully it's nothing too serious
    It's too late. I at least fractured something in my lower back, and that's the best case scenario unfortunately... I'm not sure if I should see a doctor or just wait for time to heal it (hopefully?). It's just that I got a lot of uni work to do and a doctor's appointment would take time, considering they'd probably send me for a scan tehn this and that, etc. it sucks, but I'm the only one to blame for this. I let my ego get the best of me and now I payed the price.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shameful_burrito)
    It's too late. I at least fractured something in my lower back, and that's the best case scenario unfortunately... I'm not sure if I should see a doctor or just wait for time to heal it (hopefully?). It's just that I got a lot of uni work to do and a doctor's appointment would take time, considering they'd probably send me for a scan tehn this and that, etc. it sucks, but I'm the only one to blame for this. I let my ego get the best of me and now I payed the price.
    Man ****, this is beyond ****ed, lower back injuries are no joke

Trust me don't delay it, book an appointment ASAP or even go to an A&E place I'm sure they'd take a look at you. But definitely don't want for it to heal on it's own in case things are worse than you might think. I know uni work can affect you, just book the appointments in appropriate times when you're free - scans and stuff like that shouldn't be too time-consuming. The sooner you see a GP the sooner you'll know your prognosis for certain

ReputationRep:
    Sad day for burrito. Looks like this is the end of powerlifting for me. Lower back gave out during rack pulls. Felt tired and weak but still tried to go after a PR. Got 360kg but at what price? I can barely move out of bed now. My lower back is in agony

Want a massage?

ReputationRep:
    OH MAYNE... DAS NOT GEWD. You need to see a doctor ASAP just in case. Don’t just leave it to heal otherwise it may not heal fully and you may end up with issues FO LIFE.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Salt Queen)
    Want a massage?
    Sure. Not certain if that would help though as it hurts to even touch my lumbar spine atm
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eden3)
    Man ****, this is beyond ****ed, lower back injuries are no joke

Trust me don't delay it, book an appointment ASAP or even go to an A&E place I'm sure they'd take a look at you. But definitely don't want for it to heal on it's own in case things are worse than you might think. I know uni work can affect you, just book the appointments in appropriate times when you're free - scans and stuff like that shouldn't be too time-consuming. The sooner you see a GP the sooner you'll know your prognosis for certain
    (Original post by Kevin Hodge)
    OH MAYNE... DAS NOT GEWD. You need to see a doctor ASAP just in case. Don’t just leave it to heal otherwise it may not heal fully and you may end up with issues FO LIFE.
    I went to the doctors today to make an appointment... they put me on some crappy waiting list wtf. They said I might get a call if they manage to arrange something for wednesday, but it is not fo sure.

ReputationRep:
    I went to the doctors today to make an appointment... they put me on some crappy waiting list wtf. They said I might get a call if they manage to arrange something for wednesday, but it is not fo sure.
    Waiting list? Wtf? Is it that booked?

ReputationRep:
    sorry to hear you messed up your back dude....
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Waiting list? Wtf? Is it that booked?
    No, I literally have nothing atm. They said a doctor will call me to let me know if they can see me on wednesday or not. I'm kinda f***ed. All I can do is keep waiting. I also have to go to uni, and tbh it hurts when I walk.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the bear)
    sorry to hear you messed up your back dude....
    Thanks man. It sucks but ah well. I'm the only one to blame. When I'll recover I'll stop this strength training thing, I'll just lift to maintain. No need to get a 405lbs bench, 1000lbs rack pull etc. There's no point in it, other than to stroke the ego.

ReputationRep:
    when my back was bad i found that a magnetic pad helped:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/MAGNETIC-RE...NR398NE42SDK80

ReputationRep:
    Sorry to hear of your misfortune Burrito, wish you a speedy recovery.

However, it's basics mane, leave your ego outside the gym doors.

How long do you reckon you'll be out for?
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by King Leonidas)
    Sorry to hear of your misfortune Burrito, wish you a speedy recovery.

However, it's basics mane, leave your ego outside the gym doors.

How long do you reckon you'll be out for?
    Thanks man. And yeah unfortunately I let my ego get the best of me, definetly regret it now lol. No idea, I hope that 1 month at max. Yesterday I could barely move out of bed, today I could at least walk with some pain. Hopefully it will keep getting better day by day.

ReputationRep:
    No, I literally have nothing atm. They said a doctor will call me to let me know if they can see me on wednesday or not. I'm kinda f***ed. All I can do is keep waiting. I also have to go to uni, and tbh it hurts when I walk.
    Das peak mayne. In the meantime all you can do is rest and take some painkillers and even rub some deep heat on it.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Das peak mayne. In the meantime all you can do is rest and take some painkillers and even rub some deep heat on it.
    A doctor just called me and he said the exact same things as you mayne😂😂 He said it definetly doesn't sound like a fracture, which is good. So I guess I'll just take some ibuprofen, chill from lifting for a while and rest

ReputationRep:
    A doctor just called me and he said the exact same things as you mayne😂😂 He said it definetly doesn't sound like a fracture, which is good. So I guess I'll just take some ibuprofen, chill from lifting for a while and rest
    They don’t call me Dr Hodge for no reason 😎😂

ReputationRep:
    Thanks man. And yeah unfortunately I let my ego get the best of me, definetly regret it now lol. No idea, I hope that 1 month at max. Yesterday I could barely move out of bed, today I could at least walk with some pain. Hopefully it will keep getting better day by day.
    Take it easy and don't rush back to the weights, last thing you want to do is aggravate the injury and make it worse.

ReputationRep:
    That's a good start mayne.
    They don’t call me Dr Hodge for no reason 😎😂
    :rofl: AWL kinds of professional unlicensed advice :toofunny:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 20, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.