Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How can we defeat Holocaust denial? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Everywhere I look on the internet I see people denying the Holocaust with impunity.

I want these people tracked down and arrested for hate speech.

Stuff like this can be found on hate sites like 4chan

Name:  1508113620837.jpg
Views: 47
Size:  409.7 KBAttachment 696080696082

There's a difference between free speech and hate speech people!
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Holocaust denial is illegal in some countries, but not universally so, so that would make defeating it, in terms of hate speech prosecution or breach of law, untenable because of lack of uniformity across all jurisdictions. The important thing is to keep on documenting the history, in all formats, whether print, internet, film, and making sure the obvious and irrefutable truth that was and is The Holocaust, be shared.

Holocaust deniers are undoubtedly looking forward to the day when first hand accounts disappear from among the living, when there are no more survivors, so that they can further try attack The Holocaust through minimization, revisionism-and other aspects of foolishness we see happening right now. So this is why it has been and is so important, despite all the clear and irrefutable evidence, that we continue researching, writing, having survivors document their journey, trace the families and people killed and yes-even if the perpetrators are in their 90's or 100 or more, bring them to justice whenever possible. (as well as continue to attack and trace down the economic injustices and crimes which were spoils of The Holocaust)

(Original post by Schlomoberg)
    Everywhere I look on the internet I see people denying the Holocaust with impunity.

ReputationRep:
    The goyim know?

ReputationRep:

I just laugh at them and tell them to read a book or turn the tv on.

If they want to believe it after that then they can join the rest of the tin foil gang, why should the rest of us care what they think
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Why do we need to ‘defeat’ holocaust denial?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:

Moved to Society.

There will always be conspiracy theorists that think the world is flat, that Presidents are lizards in disguise, that 9/11 was an inside job and that the holocaust never happened. Not really much you can do as once people are convinced of something it's very hard to change their mind, they usually have to come to the conclusion they were wrong themselves.

ReputationRep:
    as the final survivors reach extreme old age we are more reliant on archived records of these horrors.

http://yadvashem.org is a good place to start if you wish to learn more.

ReputationRep:
    We have already defeated it. Holocaust denial has as little credibility as Flat Earth Theory. Holocaust deniers are a tiny bunch of irrelevant fringe obsessives who have no impact on anything. Simply being a Holocaust denier is enough to demolish one's credibility.

That's all the defeat it needs. Banning it is pointless.

ReputationRep:
    This is an interesting attempt and pushing the denier narrative by acting as someone concerned by it. The username gave it away though.

ReputationRep:
    Indeed, and this is a major concern of mine, which is why there can never be enough of the stories of such ones told, archived, recorded, written about, etc.

(Original post by the bear)
    as the final survivors reach extreme old age we are more reliant on archived records of these horrors.

http://yadvashem.org is a good place to start if you wish to learn more.

ReputationRep:
    It matters very little in all honesty, holocaust denial not really gaining any traction among the sensible population, there needs to be more recognition of the slavs and other peoplle that died to to Nazi germany as the holocaust and surrounding persecution was not just jews. Questioning the holocaust is perfectly fine as is questioning many other things, but making it against the law is insane

(Original post by Farm_Ecology)
      This is an interesting attempt and pushing the denier narrative by acting as someone concerned by it. The username gave it away though.
      This. Appears to be the same person who constantly posts similar threads about Holocaust denial, mods should really take care of threads like this faster.
      • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
      As much as i consider those who deny the holocaust to be idiots i don't want to see us become a nation where free thought and free speech is made criminal. One is free to doubt the evidence if they wish.

On the matter of the survivors of WW2 dying, i am personally hoping that eugenics will be less tarnished as modern science could allow us to do great things in a more liberal manner.

ReputationRep:
      Why do we need to?

ReputationRep:

The truth is no defence.

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.