Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello,
    I'm having a bit of trouble with deciding what universities to apply to - especially with the UCAS deadline not too far away now.

I really love the ethos at the University of Essex, the liberal message being exactly what I would want from a uni - however, i'm thinking of ones a bit higher in league tables.

I looked at Manchester last weekend and I loved the actual Uni, but I'm not sure its for me? I'm looking at Liverpool this month and I quite like the look of Newcastle but I would have to base that on what I've seen online only as I probably can't visit before January. I really want a university that is in a city, with older style buildings and a good reputation - I'm not too keen on studying in London due to the price and I don't live too far from there currently.

I want to study law and I have AAA at AS level.

Please give any suggestions! It would be realllly appreciated!

ReputationRep:
    We don't even know you're predictions. How can we help? Simply reposting the same information into a separate thread won't add clarity to the question.

I don't know of any "liberal unis", nor if any uni truly deserves the epithet. Certainly, with AAA at AS you can do better than Essex; but the other factors, such as social life of the unis etc, can only be decided by you. While I might like to live in a castle atop of a hill which looks out at the countryside, you might like a more vibrant city. We don't know enough about what you are after to give you an answer.

Poll
Favourite type of bread

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.