Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello,
    I'm having a bit of trouble with deciding what universities to apply to - especially with the UCAS deadline not too far away now.

I really love the ethos at the University of Essex, the liberal message being exactly what I would want from a uni - however, i'm thinking of ones a bit higher in league tables.

I looked at Manchester last weekend and I loved the actual Uni, but I'm not sure its for me? I'm looking at Liverpool this month and I quite like the look of Newcastle but I would have to base that on what I've seen online only as I probably can't visit before January. I really want a university that is in a city, with older style buildings and a good reputation - I'm not too keen on studying in London due to the price and I don't live too far from there currently.

I want to study law and I have AAA at AS level.

Please give any suggestions! It would be realllly appreciated!

ReputationRep:
    We don't even know you're predictions. How can we help? Simply reposting the same information into a separate thread won't add clarity to the question.

I don't know of any "liberal unis", nor if any uni truly deserves the epithet. Certainly, with AAA at AS you can do better than Essex; but the other factors, such as social life of the unis etc, can only be decided by you. While I might like to live in a castle atop of a hill which looks out at the countryside, you might like a more vibrant city. We don't know enough about what you are after to give you an answer.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.